What would get you to play at FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
It's mostly DM and standard (not vehicle) CTF.

How big are the maps you guys are playing? Like I said, the demo DM maps play ok, the CTF one is problematic. I'm not sure if it's the map size / environment or vehicles in Suspense which are killing the frame rate.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Size isn't exactly a good indicator of performance. There's so much going on outside the playable area in the map and then there's those crazy portals (see DM-Deck) that even a medium sized map might drag down your frames. CTF-Coret is another one that seems pretty rough even though it consists of twisting narrow corridors. CTF-Hyrdosis always slows my PC down a bit too.

NitrousUser

[BuF]JinxyBoi
Apr 23, 2004
Houston, TX
www.super-magic.com
I actually found that it was only the maps that were outdoors or with lotsa light would break my rig in half. Deck, Coret, and Fearless were some of the only maps I'd never have issues with. Might be that my old card's lack of shader model blahdy blah was hindering it.

I hope Hurricane Ike doesn't keep me from working tomorrow or the day after, I need the monies for that last piece of my system. =/

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
also maybe a Wed. Warfare Night, Friday Night Fights/DM & TDM, Saturday Nite CTF? or something like that might bring out the ppl who want to play a gametype more? i know alot of the chatter i see on fragbu's seems to be about what ppl DONT want to play... so maybe catering to a gametype per nite might help sometimes (even if not every week, monthly or something)

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I want to play, but I just don't have fun with framerates in the teens. I'll definately come to play once I make some upgrades, this winter hopefully. I liked UT3 for the most part, it was just the frustrating performance and the subsequent effect it had on my ability to kill anyone that caused me to pursue another game for my FPS fix

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Just got my copy installed. Surprisingly, runs better than the demo at 640x480 with screen size set to 100%. Suspense runs far smoother. Not sure what they did under the hood but it's playable. Expect me to return at some point in the near future.