Garden Sideline

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
*Slaps on my face* I admit Baseline was a mistake! :eek: Not that there is anything wrong with that map. It's just too Boxworld-ish, and not Garden-ish enough for a lot of people.

So here's Garden Sideline.

The Mountain Pass, the Gorge, and Camper's Paradise... are gone. I borrowed some Sirocco walls and blocked that side of the map *kachum!* The red mountain DP is now a gen. The red mountain turret is moved here too. The ammo station is moved to Camper's Summit (above Stronghold). Added a DP inside Stronghold.

In base, one side of the garage (leading to the Mountain Pass) is gone. When you start the car, don't turn towards the wall! (speaking from experience) Base door to that side is replace with a teleporter that links to the ceiling teleporter on that side.

Issues: the Sirocco walls have lots of holes. I didn't sleep all night to block it as much as I can. You can still get in by being tricky, and then stuck. The blocking volumes also prevent you from standing on top of the wall - for the most part... Radar and Particle problems as usual.

Now instead of 4 or 5 routes in Garden, you get two in Sideline: Mountain or Stronghold. The DP and Gen re-arrangements change the map's strategy a bit (to balance teams), but for the most part it's still fairly Garden-ish.

Stop playing with the map holes and play some 1on1, 2on2, or 10on10! Come to Garden Sideline!

http://members.shaw.ca/takwu/XMP/XMP-GardenSideline.zip

Attachments

• Shot00012.JPG
    Shot00012.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Shot00013.JPG
    Shot00013.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 26

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Radar and Particle problems as usual.

aidamo2.png

Aida said:
We need a new airlock unit, but the quartermaster on Avalon didn't have any. As usual. We've ordered a new one for our next visit.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
From a ranger's standpoint, Red team clearly has the advantage, because they can get atop the mountainside above their base, therefore having a much better view of oncoming blues. Blue team, for some reason, got the shaft with their base.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Well these maps are aimed at preserving the original maps as much as possible (even the problems) while making it work for 4-player matches. So that particular problem would not be addressed :(

That said, I do regret the gen and dp arrangements in this map. The original map had the gens and hackable dp's spread wide enough so it isn't so easy to dominate the match, even with a lot of players.

However, after blocking off half the landscape, it is now much easier to dominate all gens and dps in Sideline. I rearranged things a little bit to balance teams, but I did not address this side-effect (no pun intended).

So, I am planning to fix that. Stay tuned.