ut2k7 demo release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Neophoenix said:
I agree with Truegamer and Selerox's info. I'm thinking November 2006 because it will be closer to Christmas, which will mean increase of sales.
I sure hope so. Won't get my upgrade 'till after the summer vacation. Letting everyone else grow 1337 skills while I sit on my cab ass watching frag movies and screenshots all summer without playing at all wouldn't be much fun.

the head

Dec 3, 2005
the first timeit was mentioned that ut2k7 might be out on Q1-Q2 06 was in an article on IGN during gc 05', this information was given by the game's
producer jeff morris, at first i thought it was too good to be true,"2nd quarter release earlist" i told myself, altough it is considered as confirmed information,yet latest news on the advencing of the develloping of ut2k7 & GoW and eventually this information of 2k7 being an ps3 launch title that will be released toghther with the console itself on spring 06' (2nd quarter excetelly), now that meens a few things regarding to ut2k7 release date, 1st thing is that it matched the earlier news from ign saying that ut2k7
will be out on Q1-Q2 06 it was said that a ps3 version of the game MIGHT be released then, i thought-"pc release on Q1,ps3 on Q2", now beacause ut 2k7 is coming to pc first this theory may come true; also ,if its a ps3 launch title, then theres a possablilty that it would be ready relativly long before its eventual release ,just because you cant play it without a ps3,so it will be out to pc very early,supporting my theory forther.(this information was released in an interview of some of epics staff, on gamespot.so, its official).

the head

Dec 3, 2005
so i wasnt right about the demo, but this is official,confirmed information about the release of the full game.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
The Big Question.

Neophoenix said:
how long B4 a game is released, does a gaming company usually release a demo?

Very much depends on the developers and what the want the demo to acomplish. If they want the demo to publicise a game it's usually released pretty much right before release. If they want community input from it (usually the case for MP games), it's usually well before. I'd hope for a demo maybe a month prior to release or more for UT4, to give ample time for community feeedback and response.

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
but if ur really lookin for the demo to be able to give input and feedback on the game, a month in advance is no where near enough time for that, u have to remeber that they have to print, and make millions of copys of the game and ship them out before release date...which takes time. so it would have to be a few months before release of game. unless they released demo about 1-1.5 months before game released, then worked on a patch for game while demo is out and release patch with the game or the week after the game comes out. but either way i doubt epic will do that. instead i for see them releaseing the demo about 2 weeks prior to game release to pump up and help advertize the game.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
So basicly we will be waiting a Long time before we ever get our hands on a demo, huh? Bummer :(

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
yeah probably about 3 months from now u should see a demo, since they want ut07 to be a ps3 release (which is tenitivly scheduled for roughly march 15th) so u figure ull probably see a demo some where around march 1st. thats my guess but with epic u never really know.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Selerox said:
Very much depends on the developers and what the want the demo to acomplish. If they want the demo to publicise a game it's usually released pretty much right before release. If they want community input from it (usually the case for MP games), it's usually well before. I'd hope for a demo maybe a month prior to release or more for UT4, to give ample time for community feeedback and response.

Usually only companies with lesser experience feel the need for such beta testing, Epic will feel experienced with their past successes i suspect ad thus will release a demo for advertising purposes.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
I would guess that we'll have the demo in May, and the retail game in June. That would make the game come out after about 1.5 years in solid development, which seems about right for Epic.

stas

Oct 18, 2005
In one of multiple video's ive looked sum1 said that the pc version will come out before the ps3 means Q1-Q2 for the release(damn must start saving for new 7800 gtx :( and a c00ler)

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Because it takes so much time sorting through all the feedback, most of which will either be rubbish or too much to ask for. Not to mention most people don't really know how to test things. The best thing is for the developers to test as much as they can themselves, then release a demo to get feedback on things like game balance which is very difficult to test with a small number of people.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Epic need the community to un-**** anything they screw up.

shadow_dragon said:
Usually only companies with lesser experience feel the need for such beta testing, Epic will feel experienced with their past successes i suspect ad thus will release a demo for advertising purposes.

Bad idea. A game like UT needs extensive community input, or else the game may well ship with serious flaws that Epic, in their wisdom simply won't spot. Remember back to the UT2003 demo, the one that got released barely a week prior to UT2003 going gold? The shock rifle didn't even shoot straight. True, there were numerous other reasons why UT2003 was crap at launch though.

As for private beta testing, I agree, but I think that it should be from invite-only community input, not from Epic. They've proven that when it comes to pushing the gameplay of UT to the limits, they can't do it.