Turrets are too powerful.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
Hi, I'd just like to make a comment about the turrets.

They are too powerful.

They are too hard to see.

They do not make enough noise.

They suck.

Thx.

Gg's to Alpha for winning the scrim.

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
nod.gif

Last edited:

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
well, not to mention this problem is known for more than 3 weeks now and was fixed/changed more than 2 weeks ago.

:rolleyes:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
cyb said:
well, not to mention this problem is known for more than 3 weeks now and was fixed/changed more than 2 weeks ago.

:rolleyes:

Not really, he's stating more than one issue with them, only one of which is on the changelist.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
i had a look throught the code before 1a (i'm goin to make flame turrets *once the flamethrower becones a flamethrower rather then a sig lighter* so i need to read the scripts to see what i do and i noticed they were ussing the AR fire property so there you go

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
StealthNight said:
Oh come on!!! You just have to be attentive and smart to outdo the turrents! I always do! :p

It's not about being able to outdo the turrets, it's about the balance. Having turrets that can kill you faster than most players will cause a lot of turret spam, and make the game frustrating.

Most of the time turrets should only be slowing someone down, and maybe take some health. They should not be getting loads of kills.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Hi. I am from Alpha. I would like a turret change.

phalanx, flame turrets? wtf? seriously, it would be better if they just spammed insulting text messages or something. :) Ah well. Some idiot's probably gonna make juggernaut deployable turrets and deployable mortars...

btw, phalanx, have you figured out how to compile scripts for UTXMP? I decompiled all the scripts and made my own vehicle, but I can't manage to recompile it. I tried with my CustomVehicle/Class folders inside the UT2004 directory, and also with them in the UT2004/UTXMP directory. Neither work. In the UT2004 directory, UCC Make can't find any of UTXMP's files since they are in the UTXMP folder. In the UT2004/UTXMP folder, Unreal cannot find UCC Make which is in the UT2004 directory not UTXMP. Do I have to change the default compile ini to the one in the UTXMP/System folder? Or, well, wtf do I do?

tabasco

Nov 23, 2004
PhatAzz said:
They are too powerful.

They are too hard to see.

They do not make enough noise.

They suck.
I concur.

BTW, nice post - clear, concise, and devoid of fluff.