Unreal Ed 3.0 Critical Error!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Iam using Unreal ED 3.0 that came with UT2K4 DVD (1 disc) and I keep getting a critical error:

Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1002 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (5664)

CreateWindowEx failed: The operation completed successfully.

History: PerformCreateWindowEx <- WListBox::OpenWindow <- WProperties::OpenChildWindow <- WPageAlignment::RefreshPropertyWindow <- WPageAlignment::Refresh <- WPropertySheet::RefreshPages <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

This is the message I get. It happens when I try and minimise the texture browser. It wont let me and just stays there, I then get this error! Does any one know what is causing the problem and how to fix it!

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Delete the unrealed.ini file in the system folder to reset all the settings in unrealed. I think its something to do with the texture browser window and whether or not its docked. Strange happenings like this caught me off guard a while back... :eek:

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
I deleted the file from the system folder. I was on UED for 10 minutes until I got another critical error but this time there was nothing in the box. It didnt happen when I tried to minimise the texture box either. I made a back up copy of the ini and put it in my music folder, could UED be reading this somehow and could that still be causing the problem?