A simple question...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rubbish_Foo

Apr 27, 2004
Hi there...

I am uncertain of how to proceed on an issue and would appreciate some advice or perhaps an explanation?... (There was a buttery please hidden in that sentence).

I am working on building a level w/in UED 3.0

I often find that I can build a level... and then I want to delete it and begin again... (cuz I have a habit of doing that...

The problem I run into is that I want to recreate the same level...
So I go and delete the map (say DM-Blahgerty), close the editor and relaunch it.

I go and start again... and I find that I cannot name the terrain the original
name... because the name already exists...
(which is Package:Mylevel, Group:whatever, Name:BlahBlah)...

The error I recieve is "object already exists..."

Since Mylevel is a unique command, is there a place where heightmaps are stored other than within the mylevel package? And if so how can I go about getting rid of it? Would it be in the Autoplay package from being loaded? Im clueless... thank you.

Oh if this doesn't make sense... I've often been accused of the inability to sync my ideas with proper communication...

Rubbish_Foo

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
If my calculations are correct, then u must go to the ut2004\system folder and delete the .ucl file there (say DM-Blahgerty.ucl), relaunch the editor, then start the map again. this should get rid of the stuff u put in the previous time and allow you to create new stuff as the .ucl file will be made again when you build the map (i don't think the editor overwrites a .ucl file if one with same name exists already)
hope this helps :D

Rubbish_Foo

Apr 27, 2004
Just wanted you to know that I just got home and tested your solution and it worked perfectly... I appreciate your time.

Rubbish_Foo