Malcolm For UT3 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
aw, no green/gold...

Otherwise awsome! :tup: But if I install him achievements wont work. :(

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Is there a non-rar version ? (why ignore the fact that XP and Vista have built-in zip-capability)

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I'll give it a try after I unlock most of the achievements... stupid "custom characters are cheating" crap...

Is there a non-rar version ? (why ignore the fact that XP and Vista have built-in zip-capability)
Becuase RAR and 7zip formats are superior.
7zip is a miniscule program and it can handle both formats. And Vista/XP's zip support majorly lacks functionality.

Last edited:

Maximus2003

Mar 25, 2003
South Africa
After downloading Malcolm and trying him out I have to say this character is as great as anything Epic can produce. Well done, this is truly a piece of art!

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Awesome!! It looks EXACTLY like him! I'm not exaggerating either! You really can make an awesome Malcolm. Ummmm.... yeah.

Sooo... Slaughter.... how do you feel about the Skaarj? I mean, if you're tired of skinning right now you could take a break, but UT3 feels pretty empty without Skaarj. That is, if you're up to it. Umm... I'm gonna.... go.... now....

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
His face looks a little different in the screenshots... leaner, or something. Don't like it less necessarily, it's just a little.... different.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
7zip is a miniscule program and it can handle both formats. And Vista/XP's zip support majorly lacks functionality.

True. But always depends on WHO you wanna reach. Everyone, or those with Rar and 7zip installed.
And yes, I know HERE are mostly non-casual-gamers who know about these formats etc...

I NEVER rared anything when I published my UT2004 stuff to reach everyone.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Slaughter you did a wonderful job. Very professional!

Take a bow!!

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'll give it a try after I unlock most of the achievements... stupid "custom characters are cheating" crap...

None of which a non-geek will ever understand/need and I think a lot of the rar-fanboys just like to use it cause its different/non-MS ...

It would be in the authors' (and the community's) best interest if we get quality stuff like this to as many users as possible. Asking them to install anything is not helping that cause.

// ---

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Wow, I had no idea that a character that pleased fans in Unreal Tournament for around a decade would be so well recieved. Did EPIC know about this? Slaughter well done and you may want to shoot an email over to EPIC and tell them of your discovery, that fans of a game like it when major characters return. who knew>?

Seriously well done, but I had to take the opportunity to do some EPIC bashing as I knew from the games release someone elses hard work would get Malcolm in the game.