Bring back the adrenaline FACTOR... (no not the little pills)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I remember way back in the day a website had an "adrenaline" test posted.

It had a setup configuration for a Quake 3 deathmatch.
You were supposed to:

1) Take your pulse/heartrate reading.
2) Play one 10 minute match with the listed configuration.
3) Take pulse/heartrate reading again.

Readings after the match were ALWAYS considerably higher.
Needless to say it also worked with the original UT.

2k3-2k4 does absolutely NOTHING in this department.

So if epic really is checking these forums...

BRING THAT FEELING BACK DAMMIT!

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Actually in a game of TAM recently, I had my heart pumping as hard as I ever remember getting it sitting in a chair. Playing on a 12 man server, is too many people, but it makes for some big Dark Horse oppritunities.

It was me on 4, and I had a position on all of them, and could see it. I took out 2, but was running short on ammo. I actually got so shook, I kept lobbing flak inbetween my two targets. I totally coulda had them, but didn't. Actually had to walk away from the game for a bit after that. It was pretty cool.

I freakin' love that award.

I play LAN with peers quite a bit, so I still get said rush when playing this game. All in all though, I think I eventually get to a "comfort" point with any game that that kinda dies once you get good enough at it. Other then simply from having fierce competition, and not getting owned.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Give me some tough opponents and some good TAM matches or CTF and I get some nice adrenaline going. Bots, no; but online with the right opponents, yes.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
BooGiTyBoY said:
I remember way back in the day a website had an "adrenaline" test posted.

It had a setup configuration for a Quake 3 deathmatch.
You were supposed to:

1) Take your pulse/heartrate reading.
2) Play one 10 minute match with the listed configuration.
3) Take pulse/heartrate reading again.

Readings after the match were ALWAYS considerably higher.
Needless to say it also worked with the original UT.

2k3-2k4 does absolutely NOTHING in this department.

So if epic really is checking these forums...

BRING THAT FEELING BACK DAMMIT!
Yes... I'm sure this will actually help Epic "bring this feeling back" :rolleyes:
Some actual tips on how to do this would help them tho

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah. You need in_your_face_action. The constant thread of an opponent popping around the corner, and having to fight him/her. The chase, AH the chase!!! Run rabbit, run for the health but I'll catch you anyhow ;O)

I never really liked that shieldgun. Once again, I did play UT2003 for a while.
Never liked the damn thing.

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
I do get adrenalised in ONS when I attack the first node of the enemy team while they are attacking mine.

Also when my team has to hold the first node while attacking the other 2,3 connected to it.

I agree with boogity that DM-UT2004 does not provide as much of a thrill as UT-99 but I think this is due to the fact that I suck. There is no way I can win a match so no worries there...

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
[Apoc]Discord said:
Actually, 2k4 CTF gives me the shakes. :D

That's only against good players, though.

:tup:

When I'm playing a clan match, I keep a bottle of water next to me, because I get so into it that I get hot, start sweating, and get dehydrated.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Turns2Ashes said:
Quote from Ren after he capped on CTF-FP2-JunglePass a while ago on Ketnar: "That made my balls hurt!" :lol:

:D That WAS pretty intense, having hal chase me all the way across the map to get a last second, game tying cap with only 5 health left. :lol:

Last edited:

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
Turns2Ashes said:
Quote from Ren after he capped on CTF-FP2-JunglePass a while ago on Ketnar: "That made my balls hurt!" :lol:

:D:tup:

Oh, man... CTF teh r0x.

And I might actually have to show up at a FragBU if you guys are running JunglePass. I took one look at that thing and thought what an awesome map it would be for a healthy- sized pub.