How to make games honor back the local settings files after using Steam cloud?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
So I installed a new graphics card and now some games have problems. I know that if Steam cloud is active, some games store their .inis there. When I disable it, the games still don't honor the settings of the corresponding files under My Documents or elsewhere in the filesystem.

Do you know how can I work around this?

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
If it's UE3 based and/or uses a login, you might as well just edit the default INIs in the install directory as that might force the changes you want.
Take SuperMNC, it creates the INI's in MyDocs then proceeds to ignore all but a graphical settings one. Section 8/S8P stored it all to your GfWL profile, etc, etc

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
If steamcloud is disabled and your settings are being reset every time you launch then my guess is:
A. The cloud is bugged and it's just retrieving the same settings from the cloud anyway, and not updating.
B. There is a local settings config somewhere in the steam installation, maybe steamapps/common that is stuck in readonly or something.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Thanks ^^^

Meh, I guess I'll just remove local content and let Steam download it again. Have no time for this troubleshooting crap