I'm new at unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xkillerxragex

Feb 9, 2009
I'm new to the unreal engine of technology. I have this book called mastering unreal technology the art of level design. I would like to learn how to design levels, characters and the stuff they talk about in the book. Here is my question. I know I need maya, or unreal editor for this. There is a cd in the book which I did check out. It had the unreal run time demo. I'm looking to install unreal editor, is it in the folder with all this, or do I have to buy unreal tournament 2004, that I heard comes with it? I found the Unreal editor folder, but I'm not sure if their examples or if I can install it. They are UC files, how do I open them?