Jailbreak 2004c: Bug fixes we've got already, so what about features?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gunhero

Banned
Jan 30, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
the one thing i hate is when im trying to shieldjump out of a jail with bots offline they just ram and kill me.

maybe writing some type of challange code like looking at that person and having the shield equiped?

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Mychaeel said:
Why does that bother you? They won't even manage to push you around, let alone damage you, so just ignore them...
I do ignore them...but a "challage" button would be handy :)
like an extra taunt button which puts a "you have been challenged" note on your screen..taunting back would accept.
Probably too much coding idea again x__x

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Sexmachine said:
Important feature (dunno if it's possible): Avoid character(s) spawning when entering a server before the player actually is in control of his character (it sucks to be put in jail at the very beginning or right after joining a game just because you got killed long before the loading screen has disappeared).
Anti TCC already has this kind of feature. I could try to put it in a separate add-on.

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
Trueblood said:
I just get annoyed with people wanting to fight me in jail...by ramming me or shooting grenades at me >:|

Oh... er... opps :p

So far we got the overtime thingy and the 1+ v 1+ jailfight thingy. Those sound like decent ideas... I think if the map maker WANTS to do tag e could make 1 spawn point in a cage and a button to swap em round, of course the execusion would need coding... also about the noob thing, if you were put in the vage with a noob on your team, at least it wouldn't be an afker at the start of match... waiting and waiting... cos if the noob dies, you're out of the cage (of course most likely in little bits after the execution :p) Also the loading start thing, which is good, as I hate starting in jail.

adibZmboieR
eTh olgnyl asnetb ddeu (its mixed up so work it out :p)

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
Terribley of topic but...
LOCKDOWN TOME IN 1-2 MINS!!!!!! IM GUNNA BE THERE... ARE YOU?

O and I agree with sexmachines as i have said....

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Wish I had a decent ping to the Mothership, mine is 162.
Where is the server based?

Ontopic.....
RabidZombie said:
So far we got the overtime thingy and the 1+ v 1+ jailfight thingy
Looking forward to these. Personally don't care about Shiedfights being and IG player

Hellsangie

Anja
Jan 16, 2003
Germany (Frankfurt)
Visit site
The_Head said:
Wish I had a decent ping to the Mothership, mine is 162.
Where is the server based?
The mothership for Jailbreak 2004 is based in the United States and the mothership for Jailbreak III stands in Germany. Your ping for the german server should be better so keep on playing the wednesday parole. ;)

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Wormbo said:
Anti TCC already has this kind of feature. I could try to put it in a separate add-on.
First test version. This thing should work as desired, but I might still have to add a detection for players timing out before the match starts.

The mutator's classs name is "InitialSpawnDelay.MutSpawnDelay".

Attachments

• InitialSpawnDelay-RC1.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 117

gunhero

Banned
Jan 30, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
a bug i found was

with excessive 3.01 in the {OF} clan server

your map zedmaestro its the skaarj themes level JB-COSMOS the arena play with the vehicles really glitches it maybe you should see for yourself and maybe this needs a coding solution

also the excecution on that map is very wierd of that map with excessive

gunhero

Banned
Jan 30, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
oh yes anothing thing you probably know

on the map JB-POSEIDON tarquins map

if i recall correctly i think it was originally a ut2003 map right?

anyways i think the skybox is messed up as ive played some ut2003 maps and thier skybox does that wierd blue color with the skybox volume lines showing

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
While Jailbreak strives to be able to work with other mutators, in some situations they wont work. The excessive mutator obviously modifies something in the arena and execution.

Jailbreak cant be coded to work with every mutator released. I wont be re-releasing Cosmos with the sole purpose of getting Wormbo to crawl through the code and modify it just for the sake of Excessive. Sorry.

Yes, the skybox is borked in Poseidon.

gunhero

Banned
Jan 30, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
fair enough, i wasnt begging for it to be fixed, acually i dont have excessive installed on my pc anymore

only in a cache file to play on the {OF} server

i'd just thought maybe you would like to be aware of such things...

although fixing the invisible volumes in babylon would be ok.

of as for the skybox is it repairable?

gunhero

Banned
Jan 30, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
I guess you could do it and add the -Gold suffix

then again this isnt a place to demand stuff im just leading you on :)

as i can't even remember what the skybox looks like it's just because it really confused me when i was in an arena match the sky was blue and then said what a wierd skybox...Are we underwater and then i realized that it was a borked skybox as a looked in the corners and i saw that black streak in the corner.

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
I dont remember having a good look at the sky box in JB-poseidon :hmm:
why not use the "super berserk" mutator built in UT2004 rather then excessive :) would save you alot of hassle and have super firepower :)

citrusmirakel

Sep 28, 2004
Couple ideas I've been thinking of.

Things I've been thinking about - I'd love to try them myself, but it's not like UnrealEd is any closer to a Mac compatable version...

Prison Laser Tag, a modified shock rifle would be available only while in jail. This rifle does no damage, but reads to a hitcounter that's available on the HUD. So, if there were three guys in jail, they could shoot at each other, which would not get you frags, but simply add to the hitcounter. Perhaps then the person who has the highest number is first in line for arena combat.
Once jailbreak occurs, the laser tag gun goes away and is replaced with the standard shield gun/assault rifle combo.

Door Close, perhaps little more than a "it might be interesting if", but when playing jailbreak, you've usually got a few defenders standing around guarding the door, someone comes in, initiates jailbreak, teleports back (if the mutator is active), and those who are in jail are now free. But what if, in addition to the jailbreak token, there was another token, close by, which would close the doors? If left unattended, a team would never truly be jailed, because they could escape the moment they were locked in, but if attended well - one might be able to close the doors before all of the inmates escaped.
Problem being that this would require editing of the maps to create this new token, but still - something to think about.

...that's all I got for now.