Arm Fatigue.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Just a small idea I had some time ago.

You see many soldiers having their weapon at the shoulder, but pointed slightly down, not lowready, just about 10-15° lower.
I experienced myself, that it is slightly more comfortable to hold the weapon longer in the highready weapon position, when pointed slightly lower. Maybe becasue the lower the more comfortable.

INF has freeaim, maybe this feature can be implemented. So when you hold position, or move longer with a shouldered weapon you can move the weapon (mouse) slightly lower ('touching' the lowest freeaim corner) and arm fatigue increases slightly slower (only a bit).
When contact you just move the barrel more up and fire, or aim.

Arm Fatigue function
Just an idea I got typing the text above.

Arm fatigue affects you in real life, but never INF should have balance weirdness like in Red Orchestra. You can hold a rifle at the shoulder pretty long and use it effective.

1) Aiming
When arms are tired the weapon sways a bit (and increases slightly), but you still can aim accurate, you just can't hold the sight aligned and weapon steady longer.
# Affected by 'arm fatigue weapon sway'. Weapon can be kept aligned only short time.

2) Highready
Holding the weapon at highready longer will cause the weapon to start to sway a bit, then more. You see the weapon randomly move slightly to the side, after some time to another (up, down, whatever).
Mostly highready arm fatigue affects the freeaim, means when you point the weapon somewhere it can go off slightly (like false working freeaim).
That affects you only after longer highready use.
# Affected by 'arm fatigue weapon sway'. Causes slight inaccuracy and off's of the freeaim.

3) Extreme Arm Fatigue
Only when you keep the weapon shouldered for minutes (~ 8-10 min. or more?) it start to move lower untill it goes to lowready or hipped.
# Affected by 'arm fatigue weapon sway'. Causes the weapon going to lowready or hip.

4) General Tireness
Beeing tired after a sprint does not affect the arm fatigue, it just affects the weapon sway caused by breathing.
When you aim the sights are aligned bad, due view/weapon bob.
When you are in highready the weapon bobbs a bit.
# Affected by 'breathing sway' only. Causes bad aligning, bad sight bob.

What I mean is, no extreme sway, no lowready after a single minute when weapon is held high. You can have the weapon shouldered for a longer time, even heavier weapons can (of course it depends on the weapon weight).

Harder breathing and arm fatigue are two different things and affect you separate. you can be fit, but arms are tired, or you can be tired, but arms fit.
Both at the same time (tired body and tired arms) cause the worsed situation for the shooter.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Well, mybe others have more to say, so a separated thread is good.

The simple message is that tireness and arm fatigue are separate things, in most cases. But I also wanted to point out, that crouching behaves different and is affected by stamina/tireness more than you might think, but weapon accuracy is not worse (from what I experienced).