9 song concepts from TWD (Vote for your favorite)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which concept do you like the most?

• Deep House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trancy anthem with brumer baseline

• Drum and Bass

• Uplifting Trance breadown

• Total voters

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
4. Drum and Bass - Not too bad, but the bassline sounds very cheap...
I despise electo type music at the best of times (except popcorn for some reason) but this comment prompted me to go and have a listen (I wondered what a cheap bassline sounded like).

Having listened to the aforementioned section of music I concur wholeheartedly. Use a real bass sound and it would sound loads better. And maybe include a slide up to the octave to round the rhythm out a bit after the 4th bar.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Hi TWD

5. Trance plucks with heavy bass ... that rocked my nutz because 'objectively'it had energy at every frequency and enough space for each part to have its say. 'Subjectively' I more naturally grok the slower-feeling tempos

In Contrast, lethal industy, which I also liked, mixed that melody line, especially at the beginning, so loud relative to the rest, that the power of the other parts became weebly in comparison ... bit like if you've ever heard a karaoke singer whose vocals are so much louder than the backing track that even hard rock instrumentals sound weak.

.... If you like, I'll do a topic on my music forum "Mate on another forum is working on these" with a link to your soundcloud. Might get further useful feedback but obviously ... only with your permission.

:)

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
Hi TWD

5. Trance plucks with heavy bass ... that rocked my nutz

"In the mid-1990s, audio installers at spring break in Daytona Beach conducted informal tests inside a Honda Accord boom-car. The goal was to determine if a frequency existed that would send a woman inside a bass vehicle into spontaneous orgasm. After testing more than 50 female volunteers, the QC Factor was found to be precisely 33 Hz."

More: "Hertz So Good

[Women] can have spontaneous orgasms from bottom-heavy music. Or so say DJs in the drum-and-bass scene, who drew our attention to a certain Project Q. Supposedly conducted in Daytona Beach in the mid-Nineties, Project Q was a series of tests to determine if a specific audio frequency could cause orgasms in women. A self-consciously shadowy character from within the Florida bass scene -- who offered to send reams of data -- says that 50 women were subjected to bass frequencies ranging from five hertz to 50 Hz. According to him, "33 Hz provided sensations in the test subjects that were off the charts." (There's even a band named 33 Hz. Its EP, aptly enough, is called All the Hoes.) Malcolm Crocker, professor at Auburn University and editor-in-chief of both The Encyclopedia of Acoustics (John Wiley) and the International Sound and Vibration Digest is intrigued by the idea. "The human body is like any system -- it has natural frequencies. Your body is going to vibrate when there a lot of intense sound waves. If the note -- jet noise or a loudspeaker -- is at the same frequency as the natural frequency of part of the body, then there can be a lot of vibration. That's what we call resonance. We know 10 cycles or oscillations per second, which is a pretty low frequency, is the frequency of some of the organs of the body. So anything like that sounds possible, yes. The only way you could find out would be to do experiments on volunteers. Sounds strange and sort of interesting."

Anon., "Playboy after hours," Playboy, Jan 2001, pp. 33-34."

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Hi TWD

5. Trance plucks with heavy bass ... that rocked my nutz because 'objectively'it had energy at every frequency and enough space for each part to have its say. 'Subjectively' I more naturally grok the slower-feeling tempos

In Contrast, lethal industy, which I also liked, mixed that melody line, especially at the beginning, so loud relative to the rest, that the power of the other parts became weebly in comparison ... bit like if you've ever heard a karaoke singer whose vocals are so much louder than the backing track that even hard rock instrumentals sound weak.

.... If you like, I'll do a topic on my music forum "Mate on another forum is working on these" with a link to your soundcloud. Might get further useful feedback but obviously ... only with your permission.

:)

Go ahead and post it wherever you want. As long as they end up on my soundcloud it's ok.

The levels on the last sample was a big mistake on my part. I had a mastering preset put on the track to screw around with. I should have taken it off, but oh well. Such things will definitely be fixed on the finished product. I haven't gotten to levels and the finer points of production for any of these.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Go ahead and post it wherever you want. As long as they end up on my soundcloud it's ok.

The levels on the last sample was a big mistake on my part. I had a mastering preset put on the track to screw around with. I should have taken it off, but oh well. Such things will definitely be fixed on the finished product. I haven't gotten to levels and the finer points of production for any of these.

Hokay - done, see PM

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Sav from the other forum said:
Hi

I like the sound of 6, 7 and 9 and wouldnt mind hearing more on those ones.
Can't really tell you why, something about these that just grabbed my attention within the 10 seconds or so preview.

Cheers

Let's see if comments with more specificity arrive.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
Not opinions on music though. Also many other things, but mostly this thing.
I was gonna type something really long to explain how there are wrong and right opinions about everything but it's late and I'm tired so you win. Enjoy this victory, the next time I won't give up as easily.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I was gonna type something really long to explain how there are wrong and right opinions about everything but it's late and I'm tired so you win. Enjoy this victory, the next time I won't give up as easily.
I have printed out the post and stuck it on my victory wall