The Simon Says Battle Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Welcome to the Simon Says Battle Thread,

Each of you will battle it out to gain the top position as The Chimp. Those who will post in this thread are passing themselves as players in this battle of the memory ape.

Here is how the battle will be played: Every person posting a "so-called" score must post a proof image screenshot of their simon-says score either by a upload site or through beyondunreal forums limited thread picture upload.

simon-says.jpg

I will be the game's rule and score master and I will keep track of all posts containing scores that prove with truth. Those who question me and my power in this thread or allow themselves to make fools of themselves are not worthy to be in a Rankings.

NO INTERNET AT THE MOMENT SO RANKINGS WONT BE UPDATED. SORRY

Do you dare to be the CHIMP

chimpthinkDM0512_468x487.jpg

The Rankings have started.

Jason is sure chimping out that number 1 spot.
1.Jason = 16
2.Kiff = 14
3.Me = 10
4. Mad = 1
5.2Polychron Score = -1

Photos must be Jpeg.

Warning: When you have failed in the game it breaks shortly then resets back to 0 be sure to screenshot before it resets.

PhotoShopping screenshots will not be tolerated, and those who have photoshopped will be caught due to the fact they'll have to score a pretty high number to know where the second digits go ;)

Good luck on your way through the jungle.

Simon Says Game

Thread Score Master is now sleeping...zzzz

Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
attachment.php

I've had higher up to 15 before but this what I screenshoted I want to see how bad my memory is, who could surpass me horribly?

Attachments

• unicron.JPG
    unicron.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 106

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
did 16, thought it would give me a chance to take a ss when I lost, but no, it didn't. Can't be bothered to play again.

~Jason

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
So basically you've seen a lot of shops in your time.

There are alot of fish and chips shops here in Luton. I know a fake/secret BNP hideaway illusion when I see one. Its all in the pixels in the eye.

Jason I'll forgive that I had failed to warn but I will let you on the rank list.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
OK so I did it, quite easy at the start but yurp it does get hard. Knew I wasn't going to get much farther so I took the screen shot at 77 and I didn't get passed 79 anyway.
screenshot_0002.jpg

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
How could you possibly allow me to believe that you remembered 77? You would have to clicking each button at a huge rate then watching as it tells you the next batch of numbers to come. I am sorry but 77 would take about 3 hours to get to knowing that even getting to 20 takes 10 minutes.

Heres some math on how match you'd have to remember, which no living thing could possible remember without have some kind of break down or disorder.

n = number of times.

N + ( N = N - 1)

you have 77 so you'd have done 3003 bytes of remembering.

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I was just testing your Potoshop detection skills. It seems all is in order. Carry on :tup:
I actually got 7, but only because something happened and I missed the pattern.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
I was just testing your Potoshop detection skills. It seems all is in order. Carry on :tup:
I actually got 7, but only because something happened and I missed the pattern.

I know you got 7 :p It's pretty obvious since thats the only number being present in the shot, along with the incorrect distance between both digits and copied pixels. Along with a ridiculously huge number that only a one track operation (computer) could keep track on but I'll raise your score to a more acceptable range and maybe the next score you give will be your score.

Do you want to be the Chimp?

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Well I'm happy enough being as what I am being, but I' not sure what being the chimp wold even involve.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Well I'm happy enough being as what I am being, but I' not sure what being the chimp wold even involve.

Chimpanzees have an extraordinary photographic memory that is far superior to ours, research suggests.
Young chimps outperformed university students in memory tests devised by Japanese scientists.

The tasks involved remembering the location of numbers on a screen, and correctly recalling the sequence.

The findings, published in Current Biology, suggest we may have under-estimated the intelligence of our closest living relatives.
Until now, it had always been assumed that chimps could not match humans in memory and other mental skills.

"There are still many people, including many biologists, who believe that humans are superior to chimpanzees in all cognitive functions," said lead researcher Tetsuro Matsuzawa of Kyoto University.

We are still underestimating the intellectual capability of chimpanzees, our evolutionary neighbours

Dr Tetsuro Matsuzawa
"No one can imagine that chimpanzees - young chimpanzees at the age of five - have a better performance in a memory task than humans.

"Here we show for the first time that young chimpanzees have an extraordinary working memory capability for numerical recollection - better than that of human adults tested in the same apparatus, following the same procedure."

Memory tests

Dr Matsuzawa and colleagues tested three pairs of mother and baby chimpanzees against university students in a memory task involving numbers.

Human v Chimp
The mothers and their five-year-old offspring had already been taught to "count" from one to nine.

During the experiment, each subject was presented with various numerals from one to nine on a touch screen monitor.

The numbers were then replaced with blank squares and the test subject had to remember which number appeared in which location, then touch the appropriate square.

They found that, in general, the young chimps performed better than their mothers and the adult humans.

The university students were slower than all of the three young chimpanzees in their response.

The researchers then varied the amount of time that the numbers appeared on-screen to compare the working memory of humans and chimps.

HOW FAST CAN YOU COUNT?
Humans can instantly "see" about four or five dots at a glance - but research suggests chimps are sometimes better than humans at counting in this way.

Take the test
Chimps performed much better than university students in speed and accuracy when the numbers appeared only briefly on screen.
The shortest time duration, 210 milliseconds, did not leave enough time for the subjects to explore the screen by eye movement - something we do all the time when we read.

This is evidence, the researchers believe, that young chimps have a photographic memory which allows them to memorise a complex scene or pattern at a glance. This is sometimes present in human children but declines with age, they say.

"Young chimpanzees have a better memory than human adults," Dr Matsuzawa told BBC News.

"We are still underestimating the intellectual capability of chimpanzees, our evolutionary neighbours."