Dark Souls II Gameplay

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3lRiDCyMCQ#t=515[/M]

This guy is a bitchy mcbitcherson

OMG mundane avelayns - side step or roll forward. You dodge like a pro
OMG Santier's Spear. Parry that shit. Get used to the timing
OMG people are level 400+. Levels don't matter. You can still easily wreck someone at level 400 as you can at level 150.
OMG you use all the magics. Yeah all the magics can be dodged.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
DLC announced, will be released in a set of three. Season Pass will be available.

If you check the chest in the manor basement in Majula there will be new items available every week until release, with the last week being a secret item.

Yay!

Oh is that what that fucking was? I opened that chest with a new duder expecting my usual soul vessel and ended up getting 3 Petrified somethings. I was like FROOOOOM WHY YOU CHANGE DIS!!!

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I was waiting on my girlfriend to do a blind playthrough of Dark Souls II, but ended up getting her started on Skyrim instead.

I'm now going to play some catchup, also avoiding the wikidot until I finish at least one playthrough.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So decided to take my level 238 dude bro and convert into a miundane type build to test- stats all at 30 due to that being soft cap. I have to say I didn't really care too much for it. I tried the mundane santier's spear, which was supposedly a beast in terms of damage.

End result: Yeah it is pretty beastly, but you get going on that combo and its against enemies who have no poise break, and you will soon be grabbing your dick in pain. I guess I am just too used to elemental stuff. My Sun Blade +10 can pretty much do the same amount of damage and I have the added benefit of dodging out mid combo if things get hairy. I might revisit it at a later time but I will stick with my faith build for now.

Making a pyro build as a secondary dude right now so I got that going for me as well.

Mundane is a bit difficult to get used to. Certain weapons just get a benefit more than others, and the list is quite small. Lately I tend to keep only my Avelyn and Dagger at +10 with Mundane. Sun Sword +10 is fantastic on its own, wouldn't recommend infusing that one since the scaling for a high dex/strength build is already really good. Typically for Mundane I try to look for weapons with low/unimportant base damage and negligible natural scaling benefits. If you Mundane weapons with high base damage the returns overwrite each other and if you Mundane something that scales with something B or higher it's better to explore that weapon in other ways.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Bump yo shit.. bumping like a thumpin

http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/information/index.html

Pretty large list of fixes that is being implemented when the first dlc drops. Sorcerer's never fear, your stuff has been untouched. Myself being a miracle user, bad times are ahead.

-Decreased number of uses for lightning, great lightning, and sunlight spear.
Maybe perhaps I can understand the first two, but why sunlight spear? Its a one time spell and if these bastards are knocking it down further why get it in the first place? Here is a more proper nerf - max it at 3 spell casts and only 3, even if your attunement is 94.

Increase weight, decrease damage of Defender Greatsword
Greatswords are bad to begin with, with the only notable thing about them is poise damage, so why take away the only worthwhile thing about this weapon? If they touch the damn lightning damage then its all over and I will be switching back over to lightning claymore +10, or just stick with straight swords since their max damage outdo a majority of the greatswords anyway.

The rest is in the link above and its mostly a bunch of bug fixes that I personally have never experienced. Also not sure if that is a combination of previous patches because I am fairly sure they fixed the jump glitch to bypass Shrine of Winter weeks after the game came out.