Teams/Races

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Perhaps some of the popular ones from UT-UT3.
BUT especially add new ones! And have at least one team different from the typical bipeds. Not too surreal, but the game does have "Unreal" in the title. Unleash the creativity, but nothing over the top so it becomes ridiculous I suppose.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Either go all-out with the outlandish races, or stick to a select few that make sense within-universe.

I think the Skaarj should make a return as a brutish, but highly advanced species, taking advantage of various armor bits, and stray away from the whole 'predator' design. Thematically, the Skaarj were pretty lackluster.

I'd like to see more variation in contestants, unique identities and no copy-paste nonsense that the games have been riddled with in the past. Same model, different skin, that kind of stuff always bothered me slightly.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, the Gen Mo'Kai were very nice. I think having a Human team is pretty much a given and I'm pretty sure the number of teams available form the get go are going to be rather limited. (my bet is on 4 teams).

It could go something like this:

Humans: Thundercrash/Raw Steel
Necris: Black Legion
Cybernetic: Corrupt

The Skaarj though I'm not sure if I would like the ones from UT2kX or the Human/Skaarj Hybrids...

UTNemesis

Feb 24, 2008
I hope that the Necris are a given. Unfortunately I haven't liked their style since UT99.

I've always been a fan of the more slender human models compared to the bulky "Gears of War" look that was prevalent in UT3.

The Skaarj from UT99 were the hybrids right? I thought the one with the skeleton-like face looked pretty badass.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The Skaarj from UT99 were the hybrids right? I thought the one with the skeleton-like face looked pretty badass.

I'd like to see something closer to the Trooper/Gunner/Officer variant from Unreal 1. After all those were the strongest, used the main weapons and didn't have claws (that will never be used in a tournament, why the UT2k4 Skaarj still had those).
Only issue would be how to work with the character scale/size compared to human ones.

Last edited: