Guild Wars 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Count me in for some runs. I can take Warrior or Mesmer in for some runs.
You got some nice Account Medals there..

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I am off tomorrow and yes count me in for some Dungeons and Fractals. Might as well work on completing the monthly! How about we do some of the boss events if possible.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Matrix Cube Key

Defeat the misplaced steam ogre is a level 18 group event in Metrica Province. Players must find the Matrix Cube Key located randomly in the Thaumanova Reactor and infuse it with all four elements located within the reactor. Once fully infused, the player can activate the Master Control Panel Lin39 console in the center of the reactor to disable the barrier and jump down into the hole. Players will land on a floating platform with a button. Pushing the button starts the boss fight.

Finally Found One. You have to check rubble, bushes green crap.
Now we can do this Boss Event as a group for some fun!

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Hey fellas,

I realize this topic has come up once before, and unfortunately it's coming up again. It is the topic of possibly going to a different server. Lets be honest - the only reason we moved last time was to play WvW with Todd's friends from GW1. You see how far we got with that.

So, I had a somewhat in-depth conversation with our friend Phantom last night, and I'm feeling like Gate of Madness may be a better home for us. Supposedly that server is much more PvE based. It still has a presence in WvW (because I know we've been enjoying a bit of that from time to time), but they are two more tiers below Yak's right now.

I had asked him to come join us, but his guild currently consists of 90 some ACTIVE players, so it would make more sense for us to move over to that server. Yes, I know, we'll have to build up our influence again. However, I see this as an opportunity for a more lively PvE environment, and an easier time to find more players to accomplish a task (whether it's an open world event or a dungeon).

Ultimately it's up to you guys. If you'd rather stay where we are it's fine. But having a relationship with a much larger group of players can't hurt.

Let me know what you think.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Jim, don't understand why we would need to move to another server.
They will be implementing Guesting.
Another question how does having another guild of 90 players help «BuA» do PVE? I have used Map Chat for assistance on events sometimes folks come sometimes not!

Anyway not sure the importance of moving and losing Influence.

What happens to all the WvW stuff we have done does that disappear?

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I knew you'd be the outspoken one, Taz :p

It's difficult to say what situations may arise. I know you have zero interest in playing with anyone but us, but let's face it... If we're going to do ANY Arah path, we need a guide to get us started. If we want to become more knowledgeable in other parts of the game (WvW, PvP, high level fractals, etc.) We need to branch out a little bit beyond our little group. Where do you think I learned all the tricks about dungeons and stuff? By playing with other people. How many nights do we end up doing a bunch of nothing because we have a terrific turn out of 3 or 4 people?

We tried recruiting more people ourselves, it's just not easy since the vast majority are already in large guilds. I think it would be helpful to have a large list of experienced PvE players to pick from when we need another guy. And I'm sure we would get invited if they decide to zerg an open world event like Balthazar or Lyssa.

Aside from having to rebuild our influence again (which really won't take that long), I really don't see a downside while transfers are still free.

What WvW stuff do you speak of?

P.S. Amber and I completed the Temple of Grenth with 1 other guy last night. Mad drops yo! :p

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Not be outspoken and agree with your reply. Would you prefer just joining their guild since it is more established. Are they recruiting? I just like spending time playing with my friends and chatting in TS. We can all stay together and join them if everyone else agrees.

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
No I don't want to "just join their guild". It would be a secondary guild just like Nova is right now. We would still be BuA - nothing there changes. There may just be a couple new people popping in from time to time.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Cool, we removed a few inactive folks from our Guild. Dev's Associates for the most part. I just switched, all the POI's, Skill Points, Vista's are missing from WvW. dang

Last edited:

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Some Nice Updates - 1/28/2013

Here is a nice list.
http://dulfy.net/2013/01/28/gw2-flame-and-frost-patch-update-notes/

Items of Note:
Achievements

A new Living Story achievement category has been added, which will contain a series of achievements specific to the storylines unfolding in Tyria.
The first Living Story achievement, Refugee Volunteer, has been added. Players who complete this achievement by playing the Flame and Frost: Prelude content will be rewarded with the Volunteer title. They will also receive a karma reward via in-game mail.
More achievements will be added as the Living Story continues to unfold.

Events

New Living Story events have been added to Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau.

Guesting
You may not participate in World vs. World for any guest world. If you choose to enter World vs. World, you will be moved back to your home world. Only changing your home world using a world transfer can change your World vs. World participation. (That Sucks)

World Polish looks promising for Events and in Orr.

The Orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove is now a regular vein instead of a rich vein.

Last edited:

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Caudecus Manor Path 2 from Strife025

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozF3kCnZFLs

We was wrong in a couple of places but not by much.

Didn't have to fight dog and should have tried left side to bombs.

Don't throw just drop while a few folks run kegs. Mesmer Portal looked important for that part. Wall of Reflection, Spirit Shield. Strife made it look pretty easy. Everyone take a look so we can give it another go this weekend, I mean if your up for it. :)

Sorrows Embrace Path 2..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYxhHdzob8&list=PLzYy8FVzP3HYE4UkMr8XhPBqwYf81S4e9&index=2

Last edited: