Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
yeah ty mkagle and welcome.
but the npscript.u is kinda empty,no new stuff there.

There is Cameraposition and MovieCamera actors, used for cutscenes ingame, they were supposed to hide your hud too, but that function didn't work in later unreal versions or UT for that matter (it looked for engine.hud specific function which did not exist) so I had to comment it out.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Welcome here Kagle :tup:

About Jrath... maybe we can take the fact that the Skaarj fell in love with the eye, thinking that it was some kind of super-powerful thing, and made a god out of it.
Interesting though that the Unreal 1 universe was supposed to have a new alien race (and maybe more too), and how was the main character's role in the game.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
loneshells.jpg

Hey I found some ammo in E2L6A behind map geometry, it doesnt appear again in e2L6B...Also there are shells.

Does that suggest there was a working quadshot?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What? Quadshot worked in some alpha version of Unreal as screenshots showed (even some screenshots showed shells as ammo on the floor)..we don't know how it exactly worked...but this PSX version, if it was indeed finished there (all the remakes that appeared had it working differently), probably had it right like it worked in the alpha..at all they had lead level designer Eric Reuter, who was at Unreal developement since beginning.

Last edited:

Kazenji

May 14, 2009
Australia
Yeah i knew about the first unreal was coming to the PS1 but don't know what happen to it and now i do

it looked alright

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
[SCREENSHOT]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5135/ithinkthis.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Maybe this texture would do better for that J'rath eye actually, but meh..just tried this in UED. :p

mkagle

May 18, 2009
SF Bay Area
Not sure how much I can help on the quad shot thingy. I used to build little hidden rooms in my levels I called "Danger Rooms" and fill them with attach movers and templates for brushes. My guess is I put the quadshot in there as a placeholder and then selected it by accident and lost it in the geometry. I never had a complete and final list of weapons in the game, so maybe I meant it to be there.

It's been a decade. Go away. Stop touching me.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I am sorry, I was just curious if there was a working quadshot weapon in Unreal PSX...you have to excuse me..I am kinda obsessed by that stuff. ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Used to play around with a quadshot in coop games. Secondary fire made you jump real high, and avoid death by kamikaze pupae. Though the blast almost reached you, you'd have to be quick. Quadshot is fun, unless in the hands of those damn skaarjtroopers. Or icequadtroopers (some ut coop mutator). Insta-kill. Sometimes headshot iirc. What a hell of way to die.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That file is the original unchanged PSX one. The one in the NPScript.zip is the recompilation by me...

The original does not work because of the missing engine.hud function to hide the hud ingame.

And NeoNite: That quadshot is the oldskool UT one from the mod, not the original, we don't know how the original was supposed to work exactly, that's a problem.

By the way I noticed that there is a musicevent in the generator area in the last map, E2L7B, it has tag generator music and there is a trigger which makes it play once you enter the area, but the song is not specified, perhaps it used PSX specific music? Also these levels are perhaps not the original ones but the redone ones (it was supposed to use some PSX specific textures), but this is a bit vague there.

Also in the Jrath area is another music event.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Wierd I can't seem to get out of the alien ship's engine room. But yea looks cool.

You have to activate the engine by four sides and then use kind of platform jumping to get back.

Btw there appears to be lone musicevent also in E2l6B with tag exitmusic in the area with the slith room. It is linked to shipdispatch, the dispatcher triggering the camera stuff and that falling bridge etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.