Make Something Unreal Update from Mark Rein

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Epic's Mark Rein posted an update on the status of the Make Something Unreal contest last night. In case you're too lazy to read the quote below, the main points are...

There are currently around 326 entries to the mod contest.
Epic will post a short-list of mods being considered for prizes on the Make Something Unreal site soon.
Epic will be showing off some of the top MSU entries at the Siggraph graphics show and the CPL Summer 2003 event.

Sorry about not getting to your questions earlier. I've been travelling all week and have been extremely busy. I'll try to stay on top of the questions from here on.

At 4PM on the 15th Atari informed us that there were currently 326 entries in the mod contest and I'm sure a few more were registered between 4PM and midnight. I never expected that we would see so many entries in the first phase of the contest so that's great news. PlanetUnreal posted a list of some of the major mods that have been released in time for Phase 1 and it's pretty exciting. Some of the guys in the office have been playing some of these mods and were pretty impressed.

We'll get together a shortlist of which mods are being considered for prizes in each category and post them on the official web site. Soon after that (no idea exactly how long it will take to judge all of these) the judges will cast their votes and give their opinions and we'll post the winners on the contest web site and contact the people representing the winning mods.

Later this month the www.masteringunreal.com folks will be at Siggraph, the world's biggest graphics show, in San Diego giving demonstrations of how to make mods for UT2003/4 on stage at Alias|Wavefront's booth and demonstrating some of the top mods at Nvidia's booth. See http://www.siggraph.org/s2003/ for details on Siggraph.

Nvidia and Epic are also going to be showing off some of the mods entered in the contest during the upcoming CPL event next month in Dallas. In addition Cliff Bleszinski and Alan Willard will be on hand to give a workshop on how to make mods for UT2003/4 and to give a sneak peak at UT2004. See http://thecpl.com/league/ for information about the CPL Summer 2003 event.

If you're a current or aspiring UT2003/4 mod maker attending one of these events be sure to you'll have a chance to chat with the pros and get your UT2003/4 mod-making questions answered!

That's it for now. Way to go on the great mods folks and thanks for supporting this contest! I want to remind everyone that you didn't need to enter Phase 1 to be eligible for Phase 2 or Phase 3 and if you did enter Phase 1 you'll still be able to enter those phases provided you make noticable improvements to your mod prior to the judging for the subsequent phases.