Dynamic Lights ok in Ued but in Runtime->:(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TG|Mcbain

Apr 22, 2004
Hi

When i put Dynamic Lights in a map they seem to work well in UnrealED (even when checking on a viewport with "Realtime preview" toggled on), but when i test the map in-game (using the play-map button or loading it In Rtime),Lights
don't enlight anything,(no BSP,nor StaticMeshes...)

i checked the log but didn't find anything which related to this .

If anyone got an idea whith this he would be cool to share it :)

TG|Mcbain

Apr 22, 2004
ok it works with an emitter instead of a Light...just seems like light object's dynamic proprieties are not used anymore...

azerak

Jul 17, 2004
TG|Mcbain said:
ok it works with an emitter instead of a Light...just seems like light object's dynamic proprieties are not used anymore...

I couldn't get it to work with an emitter, however you can use dynamic lighting effects if you use a trigger light rather than a standard light.

For those who want to try it, just go to the Actor Classes browser under light and select Trigger Light, then add it to the scene. Next, open the trigger light's property editor and under the "TriggerLight" tab, set bInitiallyOn to True. Then change the LightType under the Lighting tab to the desired effect.

This works in UT2k3 for me, haven't tried it in 2k4.

-az