I love ebay...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Beautiful!

I can still remember stopping in my tracks seeing those sitting on the shelf.

Just received a sealed, mint copy of Unreal. Quite the find for me and I have to say I am pretty freakin happy. I have been looking for a sealed box for a long, long time and though I have 2 others that are in pretty good condition, to get one that is unopened and in this condition is a treasure. The new highlight of my collection for sure.

Just had to share... ;)

IMG_5760_resize_zpsaac54b80.jpg

IMG_5762_resize_zps3921f8ce.jpg

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's OG Xbox but it works on the 360. I will get it in the mail for you this weekend.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I recall pickup up Unreal in the store several times on several visits, putting it down, checking out the stats on it, when I found EPIC on it, I decided......uhm...yeh, but my computer wasnt up to specs, I eventually found a CPU that fit my system, and it ran...in 320x200 software mode, 200mhz cpu speed, no accelerated vidcard.
When I started the game, I was in the middle of Tomb Raider 2...duh!
I still have to finish T2...never finished it, thats what Unreal did to me.

In the end that system slowly died as I think the faster CPU speed was tearing up PC parts slowly, I managed backing up my HD in time before it died.

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Still lovin' Ebay....$5.00, pristine. The biggest big box version....big brother for my mid-sized big box!

IMG_6001_zpsf9eaa584.jpg

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
so... you just collect the boxes to display?

I collect the games, not just boxes. Sealed big boxes are very cool, so I always snap them up. I have the entire Unreal catalog, about half of them unopened.

But yes, I collect, trade and sell old PC games. I have about 80 in my 'keeps' collection, with about 40 others for sale or trade.

Enjoy! (The one pictured above hasn't made it into a shot yet...)

IMG_5979_zps2470282a.jpg

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
wow.
that's cool. I guess.

are you making money here or it's just like a personal thing?
are these items swapped around like Air Jordans at trade shows?

Yes, I make money. Not much and somewhat sporadically, but I would say $1000 ~ $1500 a year. A good hobby anyhow....keeps me out of trouble. I don't go to trade shows, just online inter/transactions.

Unreal however doesn't get sold or traded. I always wanted the whole collection. For what reason I can't say for sure; the mind of a collector is a nonsensical thing.

Strange, perhaps, but fun and pretty cool to have the whole thing.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Actually, I am missing the UT2004 special edition metal case, big box Unreal Gold (I have the smaller box) and UT:GOTY big box. I settled for the Mac GOTY, but still want those 3. They will appear...I hope... :(

Last edited: