q3dm6/DM-Campgrounds2003-LE for UT ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I just watched SmileY's latest video (more about that here) and was wondering where to get a UT adaptation of this popular Q3A map.

Here's a screenshot that will refresh your memory if you've seen the q3 map :

q3dm6groove.jpg

P.S: I've already looked for DM-Campgrounds but all I've found so far are some UT2003 maps :p .

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Gameplay would be so different. I mean, in q3dm6 you can jump all over the place without the fear of leaving "a small crater".
I'm not sure if it would translate well to unreal tournament...

I hate the ut/unreal falling damage btw :-/
It simply sucks.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Since I've played Q3, I understand your POV completely (/me notes down a new idea for a mutator : variation of jump boots that softens your fall). That said, having watch Smiley's video, I ever so tempted to install this map on the clan server. Talking of smiley, I might be mistaken but I think he's actuallly the author of the UT adaptation. Maybe I should get in touch with him :) .

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
In q3, no matter from what height you jump you'll only lose 10 health. Heck, in all 3 quake games you won't crater :O)
But in unreal/ut though :(.
If anyone could write a mutator which would simulate the falling damage in quake(3) near perfect, or perfect... now THAT would seriously rock.

I don't remember how tremor handles the falling damage (mutator which simulated q3 a bit iirc)... I have to check.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I'm ressurecting this thread as I decided to contact SmiLeY directly and ask him where he got that map.

Well, it turns out that he actually made it himself but he hasn't released it yet as he says it's slightly out of scale and he's trying to find a way of rescaling without messing up all his previous work on it. He told me that he might release it in a couple of weeks.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
bluish-purple sky, lots of blue-gray stone walls, can get stuck on jumps, can tell it’s definitely UT2003 (scaled up and feel to it), good bots. This map is pretty cool with the red flames, blue flames, fire tubes, square pillars, good moving sky and shadows. All it needs is a custom music track. I like the long banners and moving lights as well as the lava. This is a great translation of the Q3 gameplay to UT3 and it is scaled well to UT3 also. A good embellishment of the original Q3 map.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=792

http://www.gamefront.com/files/836070/dm-campgrounds2003-le.zip

Last edited: