Question!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
&

"Sp!ke"

Are you sure about those numbers?
Because I have an IQ of 126...
And I dont feel genius like.....

IceWeasel

Linux fanatic
Dec 10, 2000
Germany
It depends on the test... in one test, 120 is genius, in the other 170 is..... some scientist once said "you had to mention your iq in conjunction with the test in order to be comparable"... :D
btw, mine says 117 for me, and that is way over the end of the gauß-curve (for this test...), too... :D

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Shakken the test I measured myself and my parents did is the same one Einstein has. By the way Einstein measured a 206 IQ and the smartest person alive today is a Russian woman with a 227 IQ. As for Medicine it doesnt really interest me that much. Science does though especially Astronomy. Im still young but im undecided as to what field I am going to go into. Ive been mostly enjoying my youth and resisting todays American culture of "YOU HAVE TO WORK AND GET RICH" in favor of my own philosophy of "Dude... chill out." :)

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Pvt_Jared_(USMC): MENSA (the most prolific association that tests and rates IQ) Measures only from a scale from 0 to 180. There is no rating beyond that. Any tests that rates numbers above 180 is not to be taken seriously.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
I might also add that intelligence being as variable as it is to the individual, there is no such thing as 'the smartest person'. That concept is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Actually my mother is a member of MENSA and an IQ test which measures over 180 is a matter of opinion among psycologists. There is no way to say "my test is better than yours" or "my scores are more accurate than yours" and in my opinion MENSA is not the last word on anything that has to do with intelligence. To say someone is the smartest was a poor choice of words. IQ is not a measure of Intelligence but it is associated with it. Intelligence CANNOT be measured. It is evident only to God or to oneself. If someone is intelligent and does nothing with it does that make him intelligent to the world? Or what if someone with average intelligence invents something of a grand scale? Does that make him a Genius? IQ can also be measured as to how fast someone can learn something. I DO believe though that if someone is truely intelligent they personally know it. They know because they can measure themselves up to society and the interactions they have with others. :cool:

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
I hate MENSA. They send me their craptacular magazine all the time. Last time I was tested I got 173, of course higher results when I was younger. I just see it as a number, doesn't mean much to me. :)

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
MENSA here doesn't test past 180. Given that the questions they ask are scaled in their intirety from 0-180, testing past that number is an IMPOSSIBILITY :rolleyes: