Serious Sam 3: BFE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
What it means is Croteam apparently understands that all DRM can be hacked eventually, so why not just make an effort all the while not punishing your legit customers.

In other news I just beat it on Serious.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Didn't ARMA do something like that? If you pirated the game slowly over time it self-deteriorated, as in your guns becoming less and less accurate, etc?

Hopefully this sort of DRM stuff becomes more widely used, since it actually works.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahaha...
As said, most pirates have never felt the effect of Flashpoint/ARMA 'FADE' type copyprotection, as it - like all other antipiracy methods - are easily circumvented.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
There are non-digital distribution versions of the game: http://www.amazon.de/DTP-Serious-Sam-3-BFE/dp/B005GJ5ON8

Beat it on Serious. That was a bitch, though not nearly as difficult as I expected. The arena sequences are the hard part (plus what I'll bitch about below). Gave me a global rank of 217 or something but I didn't get the achievement thanks to some bug. Good that I don't really care about those. After that I started and beat a game on custom Mental difficulty.
I don't want to imagine playing that without the custom part (unlimited ammo). The enemies are only visible about one out of five seconds or something like that.
Which brought my score in the top twenties*. And that's funny because it was easier than the Serious play-through.

Anyway, more bitch-time. For me, a really important part of the Serious Sam games is the dancing with enemies game mechanic. That's awesome and fun. But there are too many enemies that make that not work. You can't dance with enemies when you are getting sniped by lowly Rifleman clone soldiers or Arachnids. Or STOP-HAMMERTIME'd by a Witch-Bride from somewhere in the air. The Technopolip helicopter is another such nuisance. It's not such a huge deal when you play on hard, but on Serious and above it got really annoying. I'm kinda proud that I somehow managed not to destroy my F9 key. I really want a lot more "No cover, all man!" than is possible on the higher difficulties.

Now, don't get me wrong. The game is fun. Everyone should get it and then let's coop!

* Look, look at how big my penis is! Look! :lol:

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Beat it on Serious. That was a bitch, though not nearly as difficult as I expected. The arena sequences are the hard part (plus what I'll bitch about below). Gave me a global rank of 217 or something but I didn't get the achievement thanks to some bug. Good that I don't really care about those. After that I started and beat a game on custom Mental difficulty.
I don't want to imagine playing that without the custom part (unlimited ammo). The enemies are only visible about one out of five seconds or something like that.
Which brought my score in the top twenties*. And that's funny because it was easier than the Serious play-through.

Anyway, more bitch-time. For me, a really important part of the Serious Sam games is the dancing with enemies game mechanic. That's awesome and fun. But there are too many enemies that make that not work. You can't dance with enemies when you are getting sniped by lowly Rifleman clone soldiers or Arachnids. Or STOP-HAMMERTIME'd by a Witch-Bride from somewhere in the air. The Technopolip helicopter is another such nuisance. It's not such a huge deal when you play on hard, but on Serious and above it got really annoying. I'm kinda proud that I somehow managed not to destroy my F9 key. I really want a lot more "No cover, all man!" than is possible on the higher difficulties.

Now, don't get me wrong. The game is fun. Everyone should get it and then let's coop!

* Look, look at how big my penis is! Look! :lol:

I will agree with you on the arachnids. They seem to be even more hitscan than the previous games. I will have to play them again but I swore they had a spin up before actually firing.

As for the technopolips, if only they had the devastator available earlier then cover wouldn't be needed. Witchblades I hardly ever took cover, a single devastator round or rocket will knock them out of their kinesis bullshit. One strat I found out was to stay far enough away that if they do end up nailing you, it won't lift you off the ground.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Yes, they are not much of a problem when they are alone, but that's different when they appear while you are already busy with other enemies. If you know the map and have an idea what spawn where you can mostly avoid it, but still, that takes speed out of the game.