Poll - All weapons fire bullets idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 weapons

• Would you prefer having only: All weapons firing bullets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UT3 is oky the way it is

Votes: 70 97.2%
  • Keep the actual weapons and add more firing bullets weapons!

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf38

>:F
Feb 5, 2008
Canada
So you're proposing to add more "bullet weapons" to the game, in addition to the existing weapons. We've already got a slow firing sniper weapon, an automatic fire weapon, and a pistol. That just about covers it as far as bullets go, unless you want to add a shotgun, which would be redundant with flak.

What weapons do you want to add? How exactly would their firing modes work? How would they be balanced against the other weapons?

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
So you're proposing to add more "bullet weapons" to the game, in addition to the existing weapons. We've already got a slow firing sniper weapon, an automatic fire weapon, and a pistol. That just about covers it as far as bullets go, unless you want to add a shotgun, which would be redundant with flak.

What weapons do you want to add? How exactly would their firing modes work? How would they be balanced against the other weapons?
Nothing too OP.

What I had in mind and that wouldn't disturb the actual balance of the game would simply be to have a weapon that work like that:
The weapon is semi-automatic
The weapon is always accurate on the first shot
The recoil do have a strong recoil that must be mastered by the players
The weapon do not have a direct acceleration like the stinger, but if you hold your fire... the the first shot is accurate but there is a curve of accuracy for the 3 other shots before it reach his full fire inaccuracy.

In other terms, it could be a nice rifle or pistol. The players can be well accurate if well controled in any situation and you could go for the full fire in CQB.

Depending of his secondary fire it could totally replace the Enforcer or become a different weapon.

By example:
  • The gun could throw some kind of human grenade totally rebounding instead of the weird "grenade launcher mode on the Rocket Launcher".
  • It could simply use the C4 gameplay mecanic
  • Or it could create some kind of wave that reflect projectiles, what I think could be interesting with the UT3 physics and player reflexes. In other terms it's not just a shield. The other possibility would be to use the secondary fire to attract the projectiles around by holding down the fire and you can redirect all that by realeasing the fire. It should just block the snipe, enforcer and stinger instead of redirect their bullets.
  • I was thinking about that too... a gun blade that lets you finally slash people with the secondary fire instead of using the slow Impact Hammer to explode people, but here you would have to slash the head like with a snipe to headshot or touch twice the body to kill. I think it could add a lot to the UT franchise and an interesting weapon for both DM and DTM.

The endresult probably is more like "Gears of War" in the Unreal-universe ... which does sound interesting.

Games that force team-based tactics without rewarding players for doing so tend to result in lots of complaints from those unwilling to play as a team. The Medic / Heavy -combo in TF2 for example can be a real pain in the behind to take down as a lone wolf (...), but for a team it's a piece of cake. I'm sure Valve has received a ton of complaints about that feature ...

Enforced team-play also results in a very crappy experience on-line because in reality almost everyone wants to be a hero and practicaly no one is willing to play a less glorious role.

I totally agree, but enforced Teamplay by forcing the players to play together due to classes or else is "eliminating the individual skills" what breaks down the individual challenge for a player. But there is an ultimate formula to achieve that kind of stuff, a way that doesn't break down the individual skills.

"The endresult probably is more like "Gears of War" in the Unreal-universe ... which does sound interesting."

I would be curious to see that, seriously.

Last edited:

Zer0

Jan 19, 2008
What I had in mind and that wouldn't disturb the actual balance of the game would simply be to have a weapon that work like that:
The weapon is semi-automatic
The weapon is always accurate on the first shot
The recoil do have a strong recoil that must be mastered by the players
The weapon do not have a direct acceleration like the stinger, but if you hold your fire... the the first shot is accurate but there is a curve of accuracy for the 3 other shots before it reach his full fire inaccuracy.

You've just described the enforcer.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
How about a game type where you are playing on a battlefield set inside a toilet? You frag players by throwing the various nuts, beans, and kernals of corn that "spawn" on the surface of the turds. These turds are floating in the bowl and also provide the platforms which make up the playing surface.

Sounds like a better idea than more "bullet" guns.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
You've just described the enforcer.
Very close but the Enforcer is way too accurate on the first two shots. I was also more thinking to a faster rate of fire.

I just find the Enforcer weird, a bit like if it wasn't finished or polished. Probably just the impression that the actual animation gives me, I just can,t figure it out. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.