UT2004 server problems... (Searched for solution, non found)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KAsper Sorgeloos

Sep 3, 2011
Hello, My name is Kasper and I just signed in to be able to ask a specific question (Asked it on Gamefaqs but not many people are on that board anymore) because I have problems online with this game (Only got it yesterday).

I'll begin with that I'm from Belgium and my native language is Dutch, so excuse me for any stupid mistakes I could make... I did tried to search on the internet for this specific problem and I found quite alot of topics telling about problems with UT2004 servers and most of those the solutions were also given:

1) One solution was that the MasterServer was down.
2) The other was because the firewall gave no access.
3) Patching (I patched it first thing I installed to the newest one)

My problem is the following, when I tried to play online I could not connect. I got an error saying something about no permission or something (probably this is something with firewall?) so I clicked the box on called "run this program as administrator" and it worked. I got a notification of my pc asking "do you want to let this program connect to the internet?" and I said "always".

After this, I could play online... Altough I could ONLY play those servers online that had not the name "UT2004". My guess would be that those other servers are servers from other people... Nontheless, I could connect to any of them except the servers with the name "UT2004"... When I try to connect it tells me "connecting to...." for almost 10 minutes before it tells me that it failed to connect... I also noticed that the "PING" said "N/A"... Problem is, if I want to play on servers with no bots, no mutations and all those things a huge number of servers dissapear (If I give permission to those I get almost like more then 50 choices) and more then 50% listed (which are almost 10-15) are "UT2004"...

I created an account for this forum just to be able to ask this question (after being stuck for many minutes because I could not read the image certification to prove I"m not a bot <_<, some humans can barely read it too) because all the solutions given I found on the internet (masterserver is not down I think and the program has access granted to the internet) are not aplied on me. So I'd like to ask if someone can possibly help me.

ps: If my problem has been asked many, many times before... I'm sorry, I really searched on the internet, but maybe I'm not that good in searching...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
This should be moved to the UT2004 forum, I believe.

Also, are you using the Unreal Anthology version? And are you playing it on Windows 7?

KAsper Sorgeloos

Sep 3, 2011
Unreal Anthology? Nothing said on the box... Is it something like a special edition? I just got the one with 5 installation discs and a play disc and nothing extra or so. Yes, Windows 7 it is. You saying I need to change compatibility? I sometimes think my pc does it automatic because I can play games like Diablo II online without changing anything about compatibility (except "run as administrator" of course). It's just one game in a carton box with 5 installation discs and a play disc.