It lives...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
We've got Mr Pant's blessing to use the name and Excessive Overkill concept. We've got a coder. (Thanks Dagger!)

Now we just need to rally the irregulars. Come join us to reminisce the past and discuss the future of EO.

489e5872a1.f.gif

Be sure to check out the UT4 pre-alpha here.

IRC:
Server: irc.globalgamers.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #excessiveoverkill

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2000
I'll drop by to own everyone again, no problem. Wrists are a bit calcified now but I can still put my crosshair on you damned noobs. :cool:

!summon unreali.SonicBoom
!summon unreali.MotionMan

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Good evening gentlemen. Thanks goes to Rip for pointing me towards this thread. How's everyone doing?

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Well, well, what have we here?

Oi. :)

Sonic_Boom.jpg

EDIT: Well, if it isn't the post that was lost in the void! And these forums don't like my trademark smiley. :-(
EDIT2: Why is it that my sadface works but not my smile?! >:-(

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Good evening gentlemen. Thanks goes to Rip for pointing me towards this thread. How's everyone doing?

:eek:

I'm doing well, I've been married for 3 years and my wife and I have a 3 month old little girl. All good things.

How about yourself?

Now we just need John Turd to show up so I can r0x0r you ladies in that 3v1 I apparently said in IRC a decade ago. :D

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA

Welcome osk!

While its a good thing that Rip pointed you this way the fact that he hasn't stopped by himself is very disappointing. As punishment, and because no Turd has yet left his mark I present the attached screenshot. Not sure who the other aliases are.

I'm doing well, I've been married for 3 years and my wife and I have a 3 month old little girl. All good things.

How about yourself?

Now we just need John Turd to show up so I can r0x0r you ladies in that 3v1 I apparently said in IRC a decade ago. :D

10+ years is a long time. Believe it or not I too am married with a 2 year old. Just need to get John in here and then show me how to install UT on a Windows 7 computer and you can show your wife why she married you.

I'll drop by to own everyone again, no problem. Wrists are a bit calcified now but I can still put my crosshair on you damned noobs. :cool:

!summon unreali.SonicBoom
!summon unreali.MotionMan

Too much MLUT might do that to your wrists. What will your pro skills do for you when I shoot 50 gallons of goo your way?

I think the summon SonicBoom command will work once you find the correct alias. A successful summon MotionMan would be a miracle.

Attachments

• Shot0012.jpg
    Shot0012.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 19

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Haha, well, I 'posted' earlier but was told it had to be reviewed..... maybe it will come in later, or maybe it will pop up who knows where heh. Don't make me dig, MAEST, if you know me you know I still have everything...... EVERYTHING mwuahahaha. ;-) Oh, by the way, I also have a UT EO server running.

...... ;-)

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
10+ years is a long time. Believe it or not I too am married with a 2 year old. Just need to get John in here and then show me how to install UT on a Windows 7 computer and you can show your wife why she married you.

Congrats on the family ;) Have you continued making pretty things like you used to on deviantart?

I could show you how (and share the install file) but I'm not sure my wife could handle that level of awesomeness. :lol:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Haha, well, I 'posted' earlier but was told it had to be reviewed..... maybe it will come in later, or maybe it will pop up who knows where heh. Don't make me dig, MAEST, if you know me you know I still have everything...... EVERYTHING mwuahahaha. ;-) Oh, by the way, I also have a UT EO server running.

...... ;-)

Man, I should have mailed you all of my old hard drives for safe keeping. That or YouTube should have been a thing a few years sooner. So many demorec files wasted. Kids these days don't know what real e-competition is. Call of Duty is too easy :D

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014

How about yourself?

I'm doing pretty good thanks. Congratulations on the family Sparky! I'm currently enjoying the single life after a 4 year relationship that ended back in February. I went to college for Network Communications Management after 4 years of wasting my life on WoW and now I have a good job with great co-workers so I can't complain.

Welcome osk!

While its a good thing that Rip pointed you this way the fact that he hasn't stopped by himself is very disappointing. As punishment, and because no Turd has yet left his mark I present the attached screenshot. Not sure who the other aliases are.

Too much MLUT might do that to your wrists. What will your pro skills do for you when I shoot 50 gallons of goo your way?

I think the summon SonicBoom command will work once you find the correct alias. A successful summon MotionMan would be a miracle.

Congratulations to you as well Maest! I believe Rip was busy with something work related however he could have been hiding in the wonderful land of Tamriel! It's good to see some familiar names after 10+ years!

Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Congrats on the family ;) Have you continued making pretty things like you used to on deviantart?

I could show you how (and share the install file) but I'm not sure my wife could handle that level of awesomeness. :lol:

No, definitely no pretty things from me anymore. No time and being able to use a few computer programs can't make up for the lack of any real artistic skill.

...... ;-)

If there's interest in scheduling some UTEO this weekend I may try to install it. Sounds like a convoluted process on 64 bit Windows 7 machines but I think I could manage. Or, I might just FragBU the UT4 tonight.

Last edited:

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I'm on a Win7 x64 OS and don't recall having to do anything special for it, nor the installation being difficult except for the S3TC textures. They really are nice, but I would just get the game running first. It was time consuming to install everything though, I think it took me an hour or two. It was worth it to install just for the trip down memory lane for me. Osk and I wanted to relive some EO and that's the only reason I put up a server. We would flip through the maps and reminisce like old men about how we could once hit the broad side of a barn, and shockballs while moving. Playing MMO's for nearly 15 years doesn't leave your FPS skills in the best shape hah. I think I've got the humans vs bots mutator running right now so whoever joins would be up for a challenge (readas: ass whooping). ;-) Oh, yeah, by the way. I still have nearly every one of your old signature images plus a ton of other stuff like your Italy gallery if you lost anything with your old computer and want it again, MAEST.

Scratch that about the humans vs bots, it was causing players to be stuck on one team after the bots had left (thanks Tannji), so I disabled it.

Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
What's your server's IP?

I'm on a Win7 x64 OS and don't recall having to do anything special for it, nor the installation being difficult except for the S3TC textures. They really are nice, but I would just get the game running first. It was time consuming to install everything though, I think it took me an hour or two. It was worth it to install just for the trip down memory lane for me. Osk and I wanted to relive some EO and that's the only reason I put up a server. We would flip through the maps and reminisce like old men about how we could once hit the broad side of a barn, and shockballs while moving. Playing MMO's for nearly 15 years doesn't leave your FPS skills in the best shape hah. I think I've got the humans vs bots mutator running right now so whoever joins would be up for a challenge (readas: ass whooping). ;-) Oh, yeah, by the way. I still have nearly every one of your old signature images plus a ton of other stuff like your Italy gallery if you lost anything with your old computer and want it again, MAEST.

Scratch that about the humans vs bots, it was causing players to be stuck on one team after the bots had left (thanks Tannji), so I disabled it.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA

We I'll be. Took me 10 minutes to get everthing installed and join.

You wouldn't have happened to have saved my ini file with all my binds would you? I mean you've got my vacation pictures so who knows, you might. ;)

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
We I'll be. Took me 10 minutes to get everthing installed and join.

You wouldn't have happened to have saved my ini file with all my binds would you? I mean you've got my vacation pictures so who knows, you might. ;)

lol, no, I don't think you ever gave me your INI file. :p Let me know if I can change anything on the server for you. I could install that humans vs bots mod again for a challenge, or edit bots, maps etc.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Sparky, you may as well come kick my ass, everyone else has haha.

Wish I was online earlier. I'm going to install UT now and try to configure some things on it. Maybe if you guys are around tomorrow night I'll hop on. I was out making a run at Babies R Us earlier. Friday nights these days are just so much fun :lol:

Unfortunately I'm limited to a 15" laptop screen. I wonder if I could use Chromecast with UT :rofl:. I also need to find my extra keyboard. There's no way in hell I'm going to be able to do much with this laptop. It's in a box in my garage somewhere. I hope.

I do actually have a laptop with a 17" screen that i haven't touched in 2 years. Assuming it still works it should be sufficient to play :eek: