Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I am back.

Del, Pilgrim is finished, only level two is in two subsections, this is something unseen from a normal level and it can be finished fully without using cheats, actually the part two is two maps in one, once you get to first end teleporter it send you to the same level by another section which is separated, but still in one map file, it really is unique, but all of the maps can be finished without using cheats especially if you grab my fixes, the only ones that can't be finished are these with no end teleporters and stuff and of cozrse Kisiel's maps as they have no openable doors and to one place you can get only by ghosting. Keep in mind many levels are hard to finish and they are hard to figure what to do, but can be finished, all of Elya's maps can, except for E2L5b_16, but fix is already in my upsxbonus dir. Three levels cannot be run without any modification, one test map, env00, then E3L4b, older version in WORK dir and Kagle's original E2L7B, which was different as well and had skaarjberserkers apparently according to UTPT.

Btw in Temple of purification there is hidden invisibility in a secret underwater, so there is inventory.

E3L7 could be deathmatch level which happens in your mind or somthing like that, or was just temporarily removed or/and unlinked.

As for level merge, I don't plan that in the polished version, beacuse of the uneasy BSP, the merge will be planned only for monsterhunt editions of some maps. I can imagine the last final maps being perfect maps for monsterhunt, the hibernator complex, plus the two final levels merged together, I think it sounds cool doesn't it?

You can grab some map fixes etc for 220 here:
link

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I believe the very early stalactice map is by Jason Watkins actually (maybe not though, since both are somehow similar), the later version was done by Jeff Rubin, there is also alternate version of the map called PSXE2L2A20, slightly different.

EDIT: In latest map, the room with nali can be finished, there is "the end" text if you touch the trigger in the corner or kill Nali(lol) and then touch the main panel.
But I don't think it is finished by 90 percent, by looking at it at editor, there was more to be done in fact and lots of features are unused.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw the latest NPScipt make sthe sequences view by all players online, not only the one who triggered it, I hope it doesn't matter too much, err anyway look at this, I studied a bit behavior of the different maps under later Unreal versions and UT, really interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0SfpywMRR4

Also, I am working currently on transforming the banscripts (I did first version, the second map shown in the video actually uses banscripts), but it is gonna be difficulty task, I think the final distribution of these maps, the altered ones for later Unreal versions, will not rely that heavily on the banscripts, I mean the implantgun cannot work properly in coop, I can imagine players screwing up and make maps stuck in that, so I will have different solution in there.

Also for the public distribution of the original stuff, wait a bit more, yes I said it is ready, but readme needs to be written and install file yet.

Diehard

And the page is updated. Also while watching your latest movie at 20 seconds by that yellow wall, where theres 5 pieces that come out of the wall. The fact those pieces do come out of the wall aint that much of interest, but the fact that the middle thingy also can serve as a mover to bring you up is interesting.

How is that done, having a mover move to a certain location, and than have it serve another purpose, do you know how this is done ?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, there are ways to make movers do that, first, using paths for movers like nalicastle did for the skaarj fighter, or using attachmovers, attach mover to another mover (which is what was done here) or use custom scripts.

Btw if you want to know how to replicate the cannon behavior, just either use the map, or maybe even the one from zora's 97 conversion with foundry which has the cannons in and kill yourself, but don't use suicide command and then use walk command. The cannons should work and fire at you after you trigger them. Same happens if the pawn will get gibbed after using implantgun(no space for it in temp location).

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
UPSXmap1.rar

I finished a conversion of the first map......but hell, this was worse than Aztec. I had to move around few sheets or create new ones. It is not perfect, there is a blocking passage a bit but you can jump over it or go around or just run through it, if you got faster speed it won't block you. All the visual bugs are fixed except final cave, but there is end teleporter so it doesn't matter.
In the test version of the same map you can see the block bug is fixed, but there is visual hom near waterfall, also I managed to fix the block bug once, but then the water was not there, the waterzone didn't render in there, however I should have just moved it a bit to side I guess, but I overqrote that version already.

I also added waterzone to the first waterfall and make it players push down also, there was no waterzone before, but I think this is cooler to make it players push down if they jump to it from that rock.
There is only one enemy also and it doesn't have to see you at all.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
For those who have the 220 PSXunreal already, here is something, fixed maps which crashed previously, thanks goes to AnthraX.

E2L7Betc.rar
It includes an interesting test map called env00 (with great skybox btw), also included is E2L7B, yeah Kagle's map, but the very old version. And also older version of E3L4B, which was in the WORK directory.
All work now.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
You should know that I am testing the maps with 227 now. Just the levels themselves, the squarebox type maps I do not give much a damn now. So far, so good, except the banscripts, so that's why I need it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
These maps are for testing mainly, there are also cool skybox maps, where you can just see the skybox types, by terry greer.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Another batch of information, level connections:

CampersParadise, Level07 and E1L7 are DM maps so no connections there.

1. E1L1-A connects to B and C and to the E1L2, once the latter is renamed properly. E1L2 is unfinished (as was already told by Leo) and no teleporter is there.
2. E1L4-A is unfinishable due to lack of the next mapfile.
3. E1L5 is unfinished, so obviously, no teleporter there.
4. E1L6 is vastly unfinished, no teleporter there.
5. E2L1-A has no ending teleporter.
6. E2L1-B has no ending teleporter.
7. E2L2-A (both variants, E2L2bPSX and PSXE2L2A20) both connect to PSXE2L2B4, so PSXE2L2B has to be renamed. Still, the latter does not have an ending itself.
8. E2L3 - all three parts are connected, but E2L4 is missing.
9. E2L5, 6 and 7 (both parts of each) are connected, but there is no E2L8.
10. E3L3 (all six parts) are connected, moving on to E3L4 (all three sections) and E3L5 (all three sections). Then we move on to E3L6A, connected to B which has two exits, to the bonus level (later connected to C) and to C directly, C connects to D, D itself has a teleporter to E3L8, the final map. The final one must be named E3L8 in order to work.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Del, I don't know what you are talking about, most of the later maps you posted about has exits, how no exit? I assume you had problems with gameplay.
Or you tyoped perhaps? E3L4 - 6 have all ending teleporters and can be finished. They are quite unusual compared to Unreal maps nd maybe more confusing to you. Also Level07 and campersparadise I think too don't really belong in the Unreal PSX, these were unfinished Unreal custom maps, as you can see they use the normal textures. They were not meant to be included, as Ilya told me. Campersparadise ended up as UT custom map, Level07 was never finished and was meant to be a Doom map remake.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Then you must have been blind.

See the attachments. Even E3L4B has teleporter. You obviously did something wrong.
Edit: Please stop confusing people and better check things clearly, to avoid something similar like with your FCBP. I am not stopping you to post, but this confusement has to be stopped, since lots of people read this thread and might follow your advices. I hope I proved you wrong this time and I hope you won't accuse me of placing these teleporters in the shots myself, because I didn't.

Attachments

• E3L4C.jpg
    E3L4C.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 23
  • E3L5A.jpg
    E3L5A.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 20
  • E3L5B.jpg
    E3L5B.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 16
  • E3L5C.jpg
    E3L5C.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 21
  • E3L6A.jpg
    E3L6A.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Well, I am forced to. That, or you withheld some map builds from me. Either way - both this:

E3L4B, size 2575943, datestamp 2000-04-03, 12:49
and this:
WORK/E3L4B, size 1964307, datestamp 1999-03-09, 19:26
have NO teleporter actors both in the actor listing and on the map itself. Same goes for the rest, up to E3L6A. I'd want to believe you and the shots shown, but what I see is enough to make me doubt.

I did an Edit/search for actors - no teleporter actors on the actor list on both the default map build and the WORK one. That's for E3L4B alone, and the rest.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Did you try reloading the map (sometimes it doesn't refresh the list)? Or just playing it in singleplayer? You will come upon loading screen anyway, enough proof that there is teleproter.

EDIT: It is not a standard teleporter actor, it is called FavoritesTeleporter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.