Help Us Block Ad Spam

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
The TWI forums have a way of fighting spam that seems pretty clever. They only let the first few posts of new users through after they approved them. After the newbies get a certain post-count they allow them to post without requiring approval. Since spambots usually just sign up, post their crap and then disappear again this seems to work wonders. I've never seen ads posted over there like they are posted here.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
It would nice if the scientology advert was dropped. I saw it on some applications on facebook and it comes accross as an attempts to get more people into the "church". I guess the recession is hitting them hard too :p

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Try using that report button, i.e.
report.gif
, to report forum spam. This thread is only about shady stuff in the ad banner.

Last edited: