Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

AFA Member & Beta Team Target
Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
so I know this forum is pretty slow but anyone played it yet?

the map Nuketown reminded me of an old Inf map that I cannot remember the name of.

Heck I was even thinking it might have been a Counter-Strike map before that but I don't know.

anyone play that map and it ring a bell for them?

Matiwas

Jun 2, 2009
Moving day massacre..? I wouldn't get it.. in my opinion its not worth wasting your hdd space..

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
shows there is a demand for realistic FPS, and its higher than for any other game genre.

the marketing people took ten bloody years to understand that modern warfare sells more than world war 2, in ten years they will probably make a realistic Inf like game and it will outsell everything.. they just have no talent in sensing what people want.
(except Rockstars).

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I haven't played the game, but judging by some screenshots it looks *a bit* like DM-INF-IBEX_HRT_Facility.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
shows there is a demand for realistic FPS, and its higher than for any other game genre.

the marketing people took ten bloody years to understand that modern warfare sells more than world war 2...
Though, CoD:MW games are not realistic at all, these are just console arcade action games coated into an authentic look, not even close to be comparable to the actual, real realism genre (like INF, Ghost Recon 1, original R6, SWAT, etc).
Reason why this kinda games always sell good, is because action and guns is cool and kids love it, that was the case during the late 90's (Counter Strike era) and elevated by the whole Middle East war thing, that kids are confronted with on TV, the whole modern Special Force awesomeness is even cooler. Those make BUCK$$$!!!
I'm sick of it. Bring back good old tactical sim gaming! At least there is one guy who tries that (see link in my sig).

Last edited:

LAMER_7267

strange and... unusual.
Jan 11, 2002
right here...
Visit site
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I find Black Ops multiplayer rather entertaining. In a weird and very twisted way it kind of sort of reminds me of INF:

It has loadouts.
You can mod your weapons.
It has (some) character customization.
Iron sights.

Of course the game itself isn't even close to being as realistic (slow) as INF 2.9, but it looks like the games industry is slowly moving towards what INF was almost 10 years ago. Hard Core mode in Black Ops is like a dumbed down version of vanilla 2.86, more or less. Give it another five years and maybe, just maybe, main stream games might be comparable to 2.86 + RAv2.

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
It has loadouts.
You can mod your weapons.
It has (some) character customization.
Iron sights.

-a M16a1 with Burst Fire
-SMG`s do more damage than AR`s
-complete ridicolous mag sizes
Give the gaming industry another 5 years and you 40rds, semi only M16a2, Sniper-SMG`s and so on. Compare CoD4 with the following CoD`s, maybe you get it. Operation 7 is more INF than CoD BO...

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Black Ops Demo

Has anyone else played the demo yet (on PS3 fe.)?

The reviews, videos aso. at the time the game went retail were quiet mixed. SP was named pure **** and confusing hilarious bull... and MP was somewhat raised into heaven... plus a lot 10/10 or 5/5 review scores even with the authors mentioning the big flaws of the SP campaign.

So I never bought it cause I simply knew that it was bull and hoped to grab it for a few bucks some months later to just play it thru to then resell it again.
Unfortunately the game is still pretty expensive and sold millions of copies for god knows why. And now the demo got available on PSN and I grabbed it two days ago only to play it thru once to then delete it again. ... ... ... man did it suck big time... there are so many things that it's hard to mention and remember them all. So I guess it's better to just forget it fully before I write down a novel here ;).

Anyway, just wanted to share this "woohoo" experience here :D

later,

Matiwas

Jun 2, 2009
Same thing happened to me with cod4... I bought it and I was hoping to get a somewhat realistic shooter but didn't really get what I was hoping for... Now I'm just waiting for RO2 and GB. Oh and im trying to gather some people for arma2/OA pvp...

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Give the gaming industry another 5 years and you 40rds, semi only M16a2, Sniper-SMG`s and so on. Compare CoD4 with the following CoD`s, maybe you get it. Operation 7 is more INF than CoD BO...

Good God, forget what i said, didn`t take one year...Homefront:Poop: