Borderlands 2 Wrapped Up, Gearbox In DLC Mode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
According to an article on Gamespot, Borderlands 2 is on its way through the certification progress and they have begun working on Downloadable Content for the game. First up is the Mechromancer character, which will be available free of charge if you've ponied up for a pre-order.

Release is slated for September 18 in North America and 21 September for everyone else.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So since they are working on their precious dlc, I am going to assume the game is 100% bug free and polished to perfection then?

Hell who am I kidding. I will be waiting for a 75% off deal on most of the dlc anyway.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Since we're making assumptions here, I'll go ahead and assume that Gearbox probably won't have every single person working on that DLC. Also, adding a fifth character will significantly increase the replay value of BL2 and that is never a bad thing. So if anything is worth my money, that would be it.

Of course, I've pre-ordered already so i'll get it for free. :p

Abvex

Feb 18, 2008
Comon GB! let us pre-order on bloody Steam already! It uses steam works afterall!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Adding more characters is great. That would have extended the life of Borderlands even further.

IMO, the big challenge Gearbox has on BL2 is "junk storage". If I can't store every last crappy thing I want to hang onto somewhere, I'm going to be annoyed.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
With any luck, the "chest" that is shared between your characters will have either an unlimited size or just a massive size.

Abvex

Feb 18, 2008
I think I saw some screenshot of a bank vault, where marcus was behind the counter. I am thinking they'll give a bank storage with 50-100 (up-gradable) like with the Moxi DLC.

Abvex

Feb 18, 2008
Anyone finished the 20 rounds moxi ones? God they are freaking long, I soloed one of them, took a good 3 hours.... constantly asking myself why I talked myself into doing it.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
So since they are working on their precious dlc, I am going to assume the game is 100% bug free and polished to perfection then?

Hell who am I kidding. I will be waiting for a 75% off deal on most of the dlc anyway.

You cant make a game "100% bug free".

Now, if it gets released and it's a broken piece of crap, that's something different.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think I saw some screenshot of a bank vault, where marcus was behind the counter. I am thinking they'll give a bank storage with 50-100 (up-gradable) like with the Moxi DLC.
I hope it's much bigger than that.

Abvex

Feb 18, 2008
Hey mozi, whats your steam id? it would be interesting to play borderland 2 with one of the dev. :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Why would you want something bigger than 100 slots? You keeping every piece of crap white you come across there Brizzy?
Because collecting crap is a fun metagame? I have 200 backpack slots, and I could fill it up ten times over with all the stuff I've found that I would like to keep.

Abvex

Feb 18, 2008
I can appreciate a man's love for weapons, this is what dropping 500 (modded backpack) guns look like (all crawmerax loot). And I am not even counting the stuff I have on my 999 bank vault. :lol:
[SCREENSHOT]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-enwO6LfxMhQ/TmwiRgZ6bsI/AAAAAAAAASY/Uqtt8F00M0M/s1140/ScreenShot00011.png[/SCREENSHOT]

Actually I would love a "Loot Hall of Fame Museum" for our characters, so we can tour through all the guns we ran across in-game.

Last edited:

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Anyone finished the 20 rounds moxi ones? God they are freaking long, I soloed one of them, took a good 3 hours.... constantly asking myself why I talked myself into doing it.

Heh, that is the only thing I haven't done in the game. It's just too damn long and mind-numbing. I did one of the smaller tournaments on solo modo, and that's when I decided that I wasn't going to solo through any of those things again.