A general Compendanunuim of Agreed upon INF ideas?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hurin

-SkillZ
Mar 13, 2004
Wohoo i spelled it right! (after using spellcheck about 5 times)

OK here is my idea, a STICKY that will list current inf ideas under discussion in the forums, like the scopes discussion, and generally agreed upon ideas that should be brought to light for Sentry Studios(in case of a UT2004 port), like PsychoMorphs new idea. Aswell this sticky could contain polls for what kind of weapons and things people want to see next so that someone modding a new weapon would have an idea of what the community would like to see.
Posting is such a section should be limited to agreed upon ideas and updating of development discussions. So no one would discuss things in this thread, but agreed upon ideas (which we could have polls for) would be listed here for all to see.
ASwell there could be a list of ongoing discussions that could be constantly updated to include the newer development and discussion topics as well as bug reports (not the content but just the link)

If such a sticky were made a lot of things would be simplified:
a. we would decrease the occurance of posts discussing the same thing.
b. people not up to date with the forums could fine out what changes have been going on, and what things are being planned for the future and so on.
c. THe developers on INF can be brought more aware of needed or wanted changes as well as weapons and mutators the community would like to see.

I hope someone who has this power will make such a sticky and maintain it.
It would be a great help to the whole community.

-Skillz

Hurin

-SkillZ
Mar 13, 2004
@erehwon no i am not, i already repeated i want an index of ongoing discussions, but not a sticky on which they are argued:
so it would look like this:
<link> should scopes be easier to use
<link> psychomorphs idea for inf
etc.
as well it could include poll results:
example:
most wanted new weapon for inf:
AK108 got _% of the vote and won etc.
this would take the main message without the discussion making it easier for modders and the inf team to catch up on new ideas and etc.

Hurin

-SkillZ
Mar 13, 2004
Kool thx i will give me a day or 2 to figure out the general format

OH and 3 more things.
1. what should i call the sticky?
2. How can i make links without showing them as in instead of having:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/.....___(so on)
how can i have <Should Scopes be Eaier to Use> link to a certain adress without the adress being shown?
3. Is it possible to add and remove polls from a page?, so maybe i could have weekly polls or something like that, not sure yet about this.

Last edited:

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Yeah, if you want to put the time in, go for it.

You might as well call it "Current Thread Discussions" or something. It's your idea, so whatever you want.

To put a hyperlink, click the little globe with a chain picture when replying. Then you can type the text you want it to display, then it'll ask for the link.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
yurch said:
People have tried to do this before. They always end up either incomplete from disinterest or incredibly biased.
Exactly. Then, there's the issue of whether people consider a particular topic 'closed' or not. For example, Domino and the 1911. It's coming now, isn't it, despite heavy oposition? :D

So, there really isn't any "generally agreed upon" ideas, except the following:

Infiltration uses properly modeled weapons in use by modern armies.

That's about all anyone can agree on. If you try to claim anything else, you're kidding yourself ;)