Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ said:
rimmod.jpg

The long-awaited Skyrim Creation Kit is out, and it’s come with the rumoured High-Resolution Texture Pack all the kids wanted! The game’s also 33% off on Steam in the US and UK at the moment, if this is what you were waiting for.

Get modding!

You can find the creation kit under tools in steam. High Rez pack under dlc.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
[SCREENSHOT]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/522652449456655343/B8123A36FA8AD009232587B9AF590C0B0E7268EA/[/SCREENSHOT]

They'll keep each other company :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[screenshot]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/487749552357425774/7F6950B4433C408EF927DFE8636AB7A3547AD4A9/[/screenshot]
Mr Mudcrab gets angry, see!

Mar 6, 2004
I'll be installing this game again and giving it a retry as just a bow user this time, with a little dagger action going on.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I have no idea how Bethesda managed to make fighting dragons annoying and tedious. I had one flying around the College during the last mage quest, and I couldn't talk to the guy I was supposed to because he was in fight mode and the stupid thing took forever to stop orbiting the College and finally start attacking Winterhold.

And I swear every time I went to Riverwood one of the damn things would be attacking. I haven't seen the blacksmith in weeks, I think he's dead. :hmm:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Fast traveling sometimes does that. The College thing happened to me once. In Riverwood a dragon attacked and killed like four named NPCs, one of them was the Nord guy's sister from the beginning of the game.

There's a major quest that take you back to Riverwood.
I wonder if this triggers a Dragon attack. I'd better makes sure I talk to the major NPC's in that town before they become Dragon toast........

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Okay I'm playing this game for real and beating the shit out of enemies while some other enemies like Giants and Hagravens kill the shit out of me (do these guys remain extremely strong for the rest of the game?)
By the way is there a way to know which missions are related to the main storyline? I haven't started the first one after the very first intro dungeon so I guess it's the Riverwood one. Doing tons of side-missions. Lastly, are item enhancements really that necessary or can I stop bother that awkard system?

Okay I'm playing this game for real and beating the shit out of enemies while some other enemies like Giants and Hagravens kill the shit out of me (do these guys remain extremely strong for the rest of the game?)

I play on Master, for some context.
I think it was around level 17 or so for me when I was able to handle Giants without trouble. Basically, that atmosphere launch move they used simply stopped working on me. I don't know if it is because of my armor ratings or some other statistic, but it's pretty rare if it takes more than two strikes to take care of them.

I've never encountered a problem with Hagravens, but if I am being honest they were a late level contact for me (40 I think before I saw my first one).

Lastly, are item enhancements really that necessary or can I stop bother that awkard system?

If you are referring to Enchantments, then maybe a big yes for necessary. Depending on which ones you can learn and what perks you use you can dramatically buff your weapons and armor. I have a perk that allows me two Enchantments on any one item. A hammer I made does over 300 damage per hit and my armor rating is close to a thousand. I couldn't have even half of those statistics without enchantments. Also, don't forget about Smithing too.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I must be the only person with Skyrim who has not done a single bit of crafting in all of my 19 levels.

[SCREENSHOT]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/522652449456655343/B8123A36FA8AD009232587B9AF590C0B0E7268EA/[/SCREENSHOT]

They'll keep each other company :)
That guy was so annoying after a while. I finally just assassinated him and told the guards off for trying to arrest me.

Last edited:
If you got a good sneak-build character with that backstab dagger perk you really don't need to I guess, pending you're good at not getting spotted and avoid dragons for the most part.

You should really do a little bit crafting just to be safe.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I'm still lvl20 and I still don't have any powerful Soul Gem, so maybe I thought Enchantments wouldn't be very useful once I have powerful gems and when I have good enough perks.

I hit a lot of random dungeons and dwemer ruins in my game around the same level and had more gems than I knew what to do with (those little mechanical things tend to be powered by them). Also, if your Enchanting skill is low using those petty ones to charge a weapon count towards it.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I'm still lvl20 and I still don't have any powerful Soul Gem, so maybe I thought Enchantments wouldn't be very useful once I have powerful gems and when I have good enough perks.

no need to be stingy. you'll also want to hit lvl 100 in enchanting so, like prophet said, you can choose the perk to cast two enchantments on one item. you'll burn through so many soul gems it doesnt matter. what matters if you are concerned with the best soul gems, get the black variant of azuras' star.