As real as..we can.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Sounds good. Maybe it is a good idea to leave out the finer tweakings of freeaim and just release the mod with the working DTAS mode. This way we can get started promoting and testing the gamemode and work from there.

I have 2 friends who will also play so at least we have a 4 man match.

Once we're playing we can finetune everything. Control, speed, movement, damage, recoil etc.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
you may be right.

I'll try to finish the basic dtas multiplayer next week and then release a one mod package for you to test.

It should indeed make me work faster if i get good feedback from some people who have good taste. :D

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I'm willing to gift some of you oldskool DTAS guys Crysis if you all agree to cooperate with the playing / testing. That includes Psych who is (i believe) anti-Steam. ;)

So yes, i am desperate for a good game and i hope this mod has potential.

Btw Rasta, it is Crysis right? Not Warhead or Wars?

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
It is crysis.

The multiplayer gameplay is on his way:

-Defenders spawn with flag/briefcase, and put it where they want.

-When the flag ison the floor, Attackers spawn. Thay have at their disposal
2 or 3 humvee. (i'd like to implement a transport helicopter later)

-Attackers try to capture flag.. and defendres , well, defend it. No respawn for both team..

Question: Should attackers extract the flag/briefcase to a random extraction zone or just capture it?

a small video is on his way.

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
sounds nice. Have the capzone stay in one position like DTAS for starters, other rules can always be added. In my opinion.

Is there something like random teamspawn present? If so, does it work in any map and/or does it need waypoints?
If not, how do you decide where teams spawn?

Thanks and good luck.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
-As defenders have all their time to choose carefuly where to drop the flag on the map, there is no random spawn.
-Attackers will spawn in their base. not random neither.

As you saied zeep, lets keep it baic for the time being, and if it is pleasant to play, then i'll add features.

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I think the most important code needed is random teamspawn. Without it, the matches will tend to be all the same, same maps with same chokepoints, same routes, etc etc.

Can you find out from your contacts in the crymod community if random teamspawn can be added to your mod? Logan do you know someone? Carpet, i know you're not familiar with the code but you can code a bit right? Would you care to look into it?

PM me your steam id's guys!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zeep/ or add me.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
If I can dig out the source code you could use my RTS for UT2004 / UT3 as a starting point - I only offer because it's much simpler than the original in DTAS ;). Not sure how the pathing (or modding even) works in Crysis so couldn't say how well it would translate though.

That gives me an idea... *digs out Crysis disk*

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
I'm not sure we need random teamspawn.

Keep in mind that the map would be pretty big. The attackers base would be on one far side of the island.
The chokepoints would then be always different as the defenders would place the flag at different/random position on the island.
Maybe a random base for attackers would be necessary so that defenders don't always know where attackers will come from.

P.S: Don't expect much in the coming time, as i am moving out from my flat and need to find a new one. Paris is ****in expensive..

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Yes but even on a big map, with set spawnpoints and a limited time to place the flag, you'll end up with same / preferred locations pretty quick.

Rasta i wish you good luck moving but i want to urge you to post what you have of this mod before you leave. There are some people following this thread who can possibily contribute to, or learn from, the existing code. But to wait months for something playable may deplenish their excitement again and leave. That would be a waste for all. If you release what you have now then we/they can keep working while you are away and help this mod grow.

Bon voyage

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I'm willing to gift some of you oldskool DTAS guys Crysis if you all agree to cooperate with the playing / testing. That includes Psych who is (i believe) anti-Steam. ;)
The only time I encountered Steam, was with HL2 6 years ago and AVP few weeks ago, both encounters were problematic. AVP was installed from DVD, of course Steam crashed during installation and on a relaunch it begun to load the stuff from the internet, I was afraid to have things screwed up if I abort, so I had to wait 5 hours to play that damned game. Steam is good anti pirating though.

Finshed Crysis yesterday and now doin Warhead. What an aesthetically superb game (graphics, menu UI, sounds, etc.). Didn't really enjoy Crysis, even used cheats at the end out of boredom and frustration, but really like Warhead so far.
Not sure if I want to play it online actually, but INF like mod sounds convincing. Actually I'm not sure if I want to play Crysis DTAS lol, DTAS wasn't my fav at the first place. Guess I have to check it out first.

Last edited:

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I feel that was killed Infiltration in the end is the complete unavailability of the "development resources". Meaning that you have to hack around stuff, and use much more complicated solutions than would be strictly necessary.

My humble advice to you it to "release" the code, maybe on a site such as sourceforge, github, google code, or something along those lines. This will make it much easier for people to contribute.

It's your code. Do with it as you wish and you "should" not do anything, I just think that it'll be better for the project ...

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
I understand the urge to release something quick to keep people interested in this project.
But i am alone working on it. My coder is on ''holiday''.

So far, the basics are here: Player movment speed, freeaim, etc.. But i encounter some real difficulties with enabling leaning and freeaim at the same time.

As for the multiplayer gameplay. Crysis isn't like the arma2 editor. I have to code the gameplay in .lua . And that is a long way to go as i had zero LUA knowledge. I would gladly share anything with anyone as long as it helps the mod development going faster.

I finally moved in my new flat. My Work computer will be working soon, and ill post a video of what i have so far. As multiplayer is not coded yet, the demo will be single player only.