Change bot movement speed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zwz

Nov 10, 2013
Hi

I know from another article that bots move slowly at lower difficulty levels. For instance, 70% speed on Average, 80% speed on Skilled...And bot do not know hammer jump unless they are at Masterful or higher.

I want bots to move at 100% speed, but I don't want to change it to higher difficulty levels because I am not a skilled player. Is there a mutator to do so?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Unfortunately no. You can change the base speed for all players with a couple mods and the bots will also go faster, but that is all that I know of.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
The variable that needs to be adjusted is the 'MaxDesiredSpeed' variable in the pawn class. It is varied based on the difficulty level of the game and is used to scale the ground/water/fly speed. A mutator should be able to do this via a timer function that iterates over the pawn list every couple of seconds (if you don't want to replace the bot class just to override the SetMaxDesiredSpeed function....).

Last edited: