COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HA! you don't have a choice!

see its ****ing google of shooters and your weak!!
so so weak!!!

*evil laugh*
1sm130ebil.gif

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I'm still having a blast with this game. **** the haters.

Also, Zer0 came up with a hilarious idea last night that I decided to try out. The only requirements are One Man Army perk and a smoke grenade, using a name like "ANIME WEED LORD", the "Blunt Trauma" "Joint Ops" or "High Command" title, and the pot leaf emblem. Spawn, pop smoke, switch back to your OMA kit, pop smoke, switch, repeat. When you get killed, yell at the oppressors and tell them to chill and have a hit on your bong. Works best on maps where there's a couch you can sit on.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Also, Zer0 came up with a hilarious idea last night that I decided to try out. The only requirements are One Man Army perk and a smoke grenade, using a name like "ANIME WEED LORD", the "Blunt Trauma" "Joint Ops" or "High Command" title, and the pot leaf emblem. Spawn, pop smoke, switch back to your OMA kit, pop smoke, switch, repeat. When you get killed, yell at the oppressors and tell them to chill and have a hit on your bong. Works best on maps where there's a couch you can sit on.

That sounds hillarious. I still want to try the 300 stuff. :(

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Modern Warfare 2 Update in Test now!

Includes: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix (eliminates any edits to IWD files also).

Full patch notes for all previous and current patches will be added shortly. Stay Tuned for lin

Source from the IW forums. Thank god the rape guns are getting fixed. Knowing IW though I bet it will break something else. Perhaps the pistol will have zero recoil and headshot from 50 feet away.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'd like to hear how they're balancing the 1887s. Personally, I assume removing akimbo would solve it.

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
I'd imagine reducing the range. Toning down the damage would have little effect, it's a shotgun after all. Really, the thing that makes the akimbo 1887 so ****ing annoying is primarily the insane range on the things.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Just got my 10th nuke now i have an awesome icon.

Shortly after we played rust in tdm. My teammate got a chopper gunner, and proceeded to get a 31 streak, and then a nuke on that too D:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Making the range of akimbo 1887s lower would be sufficient, I'd think, and maybe increasing the spread. I still love my kill sticks. :)

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I'm still having a blast with this game. **** the haters.

Insta win!

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Shotguns should have a decent range. Without it they are nearly f**king useless compared to the utility and power of an SMG. Granted, they shouldn't kill easily at range due to spread but they should still be able to hit something more than ten feet away, which isn't the case with CoD4's gimped shotguns.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Shotguns should have a decent range. Without it they are nearly f**king useless compared to the utility and power of an SMG. Granted, they shouldn't kill easily at range due to spread but they should still be able to hit something more than ten feet away, which isn't the case with CoD4's gimped shotguns.

That may be true with CoD4 or other stuff, but not MW2. The very first shotgun you start with pwns rounds easily and its range is crap. The pellets literally disappear after like 5-10 feet, they don't even spread out to uselessness, they disappear. The main reason they pwn is because of the map design and the campy hardcorish gameplay. Also shotguns are considered a secondary weapon like pistols, wtf? All you need is an accurate assault rifle for those long range shots and a shotgun for the rest of the time and you can dominate. You'll just use shotgun most of the time when going around corners and stuff.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You can rage people with pretty much everything. But the best choices are Tubes/RPGs/1887s

Also, there's no such thing as pubs in MW2.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Of course there's such thing as "pubs" in MW2, it's nothing BUT pubs, unless you do a private game, or a bunch of friends team up to pwn together.

In your Primary slot you can have one of the following:

Assault Rifle
SMG (+akimbo without ironsights)
LMG
Sniper Rifle
Riot Shield

Secondary:

Handgun (+akimbo without ironsights)
Machine Pistol (+akimbo without ironsights)
Shotgun (+akimbo without ironsights (not all allow it))
Launcher (Grenade/Rocket)

+ Equipment (frag grenade, claymore, etc)
+ Special Grenade (flash, stun, smoke)

Last edited: