2.86, too realistic?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by /\l!eN[RIP]

Now THAT is a good suggestion..Process this one Bls!:p

How about the one-key-for-each-leg-you-have-to-press-for-each-step feature? With added realism if you don't press in a good rythm youwill fall over?

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
I am for asrealistic as possible. Unless the INF team is allowed to modify/make their engine, they won't really get too realistic to hinder gameplay.

Remember people, it isn't a game, it's INF.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
Please don't even think about implementing "mosquito flying by your ear" effect or "ticks biting your back and getting serious desease" effect. I hate those things in a game.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Originally posted by Tiran Kenja

How about the one-key-for-each-leg-you-have-to-press-for-each-step feature? With added realism if you don't press in a good rythm youwill fall over?

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I almost fell off my chair laughing. That is some funny sh*t!

BTW: for the couple of people who don't know, STFU is internet shorthand for: Shut The F*ck Up!

The Mole

Aug 20, 2001
Visit site
"How about the one-key-for-each-leg-you-have-to-press-for-each-step feature? With added realism if you don't press in a good rythm youwill fall over?"

ROFLMAO

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany

Uhmmm... How do you judge if the aiming of a laser-pulse-blaster-rifle with triple rocket launcher and build in auto aim is realistic? And how do you know if the just mentioned weapons damage is realistically applied to an 3-legged green blob of some alien race?

I said it doesn't need to be realistic. It has to be somewhat believable as in you don't say "That'll NEVER work" because you can already prove it wrong at the first sight or just is against logic: Too cost-ineffective etc.

The stuff you mentionend is not believable. Intelligent 3-legged blobs of human like size don't have a place in any evolution on any planet (don't let me go into detail). Who carries all the rockets? Who pays for it's automatical guiding system, when grenades would do the same job?
I may believe the laser weapon, when there is a plausible explanation for a strong enough carryable energy source and cooling device.

Currently I am studying mechanical engineering and back in my school days my main subjects were physics and biology. You can design believeable sci-fi stuff and judge it if you have sufficent knowledge in such areas.

DJSatane

Aug 4, 2001
cuih.speedline.ca
Originally posted by the vrrc
I am for asrealistic as possible. Unless the INF team is allowed to modify/make their engine, they won't really get too realistic to hinder gameplay.

Remember people, it isn't a game, it's INF.

Hey! I think we need mosquito models flying around in Peru map! They dont have to bite, but we should be able to shot them down! Shot it down!!!!

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Frankly I don't understand this too realistic thing.

If I could be playing in a near 100% real holodeck-type Inf simulation with a real M4 in my hands feeling real recoil, shooting what seem to be real bullets, and feeling real pain (slight pain, not true to life pain there hence the near 100% real part...) I would be doing it all day long. The only thing not fun about war is that real people are dying and you can die. Take that away and that's what I would love to play... That would have some badass suspense and adrenaline flowing going on...

And we're not even talking one-thousandth of that level of realism here currently. Anything more realistic is better to me at this point in the Inf stage. And like was already said there are plenty of other not-so-real "realism mods" to play, so switch to them if Inf starts to piss you off.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
I don't understand these "too-much realism" people either Sweep. They seem to want just another semi-realism clone. Frustrates me too see that. Theres two perfectly good semi-realism mods out there, SF and TO, and for those that want more CS like gameplay can play that.

Harpoon

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
I completely agree with Trak, they need to slow the movement speeds way down. This will encourage teamwork, right now all you need to do is keep moving so they wont hit you and keep spamming with your M204/M16/ACOG combo.

And yes, INF should be as realistic as possible. I wanna have one game that will just be plain realism. Theres so many others (CS, SS, etc..) that are semi realistic crap games. This is one reason I'm not gonna try to hack in INF.

Trak

Rampant Suicide Machine
Mar 19, 2001
Nashville
www.uglymachine.com

Uhmmm... How do you judge if the aiming of a laser-pulse-blaster-rifle with triple rocket launcher and build in auto aim is realistic? And how do you know if the just mentioned weapons damage is realistically applied to an 3-legged green blob of some alien race?

Play System Shock 2 and then play Soldier of Fortune. This might demonstrate what Farouk was talking about.

Overon

Jul 7, 2001
Visit site
I can almost smell the fear of the run and gun type loners who are rewarded with lots of frags in 2.85.5 for their style of play. They see the writing on the wall and the time where their style ruled is coming to an end.