JBAddon Spoils of Victory

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheForgotten

Card Carrying Mad Scientist
Jul 6, 2004
Just finished creating an addon that grants the winner of an arena match a weapon. However I've got nowwhere to upload it to - anyone got any ideas.

Originally I was simply trying to combine the beserk from avenger with dual assault rifles, but I added the choice of which weapon.

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
It's a whopping 6.5KB (It's not exactly compilcated, but I'm new at this).
I didn't even notice the attachment option.

Attachment remove - new version below

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
only give the guy a certain weapon? Might be easier to create a little room in your map: at the top a playerstart, in the middle a second AR and at the bottom a teleporter, which teleports in to a certain point in the map. Or do you want to that option in other maps as well?

Last edited:

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Yes, this way it's a global reward and not just map-specific. You can make a playerstart Arena-winner-only-enabled for a special inventory room for them, but it's entirely up to the mapper then :)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Sounds good!

Is this compiled for UT2003 or UT2004?

Mych / Sexmachine -- have either of you put it up on PJB yet?

If someone can test it and report back here, I'll put it up on PJB and post news about it :)

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
Code:
AssaultRifle(Inv).Loaded();
This was a quick way of turning an assault rifle into dual assault rifles which ut2003 dosn't support anyway - might aswell delete all of
Code:
if (WeaponClass == class'XWeapons.AssaultRifle')
{
  for(Inv = Avenger.Inventory; Inv != None; Inv = Inv.Inventory)
    if(Inv.IsA('AssaultRifle'))
    {
      AssaultRifle(Inv).Loaded();
    }
}

Code:
Spoils.MaxOutAmmo();
There's probaly a quick way of doing this in ut2003 but I don't know what it is

Also Ut2003 dosn't support the onslaught weapons etc. I do have a half finished version which gave access to all the installed in the game - I'll upload when I can.

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
Here it is -
Know bugs:
Combo box unsorted (minor annoyance)
Dual Assault rifle listed as assault rifle in combo box.
Dosn't automatically select spoils weapon.
Loads weapon setting from ini file based on combo box index​

but there are probably more.

Attachment remove - new version below

Last edited:

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
New (Final? said that before) version
Fixed a few bugs, added Super Shock Rifles
Still no ut2003 version - because I don't own it.

This final version, unless there's a major bug, or someone smarter than me can tell me how to tell if any weapon is capable of being used akimobo - and how to do it.

Web admin support might be broken.

Edit - I guess it wasn't final version

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I don't recommend using akimbo, akimobo are whatever you call it. The weapons would be blocking your FOV too much. Just stick with this plz. If you wanna know anyway, you maybe could get some info/code out of Akimbo mutator for UT99. Just search fileplanet for it

Last edited:

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
Looks like I wasn't clear enough. The Assault rifle is awarded as duel assault rifles (any sub-class should be aswell) - but a weapon designed to be used akimbo but not sub classed (ie. ChaosUT CPP) can't be without writing code for each weapon - unless someone can tell me how.

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
Another Day, Another version. (And I'm smatter today, than yesterday).

My appolgies to those people who already have yesterdays version.
This is my FINAL version - Does everything I want it too.

yet another attachement removal.

Last edited:

ChaosJester

May 26, 2004
TheForgotten, Is the int file for the most recent NoJailKill the same as for the most recent Spoils of Victory?

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
ChaosJester said:
TheForgotten, Is the int file for the most recent NoJailKill the same as for the most recent Spoils of Victory?

I'm not sure what you are asking - NoJailKill and SpoilsofVictory were released seperatley, and have different int files, but both files are almost the same, only the name changes.
Did I include the wrong file?

Code:
[Public]
Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=Jailbreak.JBAddon,Name=JBAddonSpoils.JBAddonSpoils)

Code:
[Public]
Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=Jailbreak.JBAddon,Name=JBAddonNoJailKill.JBAddonNoJailKill)

ChaosJester

May 26, 2004
In the archive that was the most recently published here, the Spoils of Victory file was named NoJailKill. So it might have been the wrong one.