Whats eye are see and how do I get it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
X-Chat if you refuse to use mIRC, feel the need to pretend you are 1337/unique, or are an admin and run a crapload of scripts that you yourself wrote in a way that you can't port them to mIRC.

That first reason is the only reason I switched to XChat. I refuse to look at that bloody mIRC nag screen with some dodgy looking guy's picture on it (I know who it is, so don't lecture me on the subject..)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I tried the Silverex build of X-Chat but it couldn't be minimized to the tray and crashed every time I clicked on the tray icon. Piece of sh*t. Uninstalled and went back to mIRC + nnscript.

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
The reason you made this thread was...?

Maybe he wanted to find out how to be a proper nonconformist these days? :lol:

Myself I used ChatZilla for some time too, mIRC has more <insert any feature that can possibly be compared here>, but ChatZilla is a working IRC client alright :)

Oh, and I paid :)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I tried the Silverex build of X-Chat but it couldn't be minimized to the tray and crashed every time I clicked on the tray icon. Piece of sh*t. Uninstalled and went back to mIRC + nnscript.

Oh, I found out what the deal with the "minimize to tray" function was. Apparently, the "minimize to tray" functionality that was included in some versions was actually handled by a plugin. It has since been removed from the last couple Silverex builds (iirc), so I suppose changes in the latest versions were causing problems.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Btw Steyr: I'd recommend you switch to uTorrent for your BitTorrent needs. Azureus is so bloated, and partly due to the fact that it's written in Java. As you can see in my list, uTorrent is barely using about 9MB of RAM.

Also: I love how people like to censor their names and all. :p

Yeah, except that it's now owned by Bittorrent Inc, which is now allied with the Recording Industry. That and it has no encryption system, and if you're in the UK and not using encryption, you're in for real problems.

I'd recommend BitTyrant. It is an Azureus clone, but check wiki about Tyrant. It's actually pretty minted.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
So, even though uTorrent claims to have encryption you're alleging that it has no encryption? Maybe that's why Comcast still slows my interbutts down every time I have a (legal) torrent going... :(

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
Yeah, except that it's now owned by Bittorrent Inc, which is now allied with the Recording Industry. That and it has no encryption system, and if you're in the UK and not using encryption, you're in for real problems.

Except if you use BitTorrent for the things it's meant to be used, which is, large legal files ;)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
So, even though uTorrent claims to have encryption you're alleging that it has no encryption? Maybe that's why Comcast still slows my interbutts down every time I have a (legal) torrent going... :(

uTorrent does have encryption. But anyway, from what I read, Comcast doesn't actually just slow down torrent traffic, in some instances it actually forges a "connection reset" to customer's computers to cause it to drop P2P connections while seeding. A new form of encryption is supposedly in the works to make torrent traffic not as identifiable as before so that Comcast won't be able to identify that traffic and cut it off.

Try reading these, if you haven't already:
Comcast Continues to Block Peer to Peer Traffic
BitTorrent Devs Introduce Comcast-Proof Encryption

I'd recommend BitTyrant. It is an Azureus clone, but check wiki about Tyrant. It's actually pretty minted.

Yeah, I've heard about it, but it's banned on one of the trackers I use because of its peer-selection strategy.

Last edited: