AS-ColdSteel, LOL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

luquado

The cake is a PLOY!!
Feb 18, 2000
Astoria, NYC
www.luquado.com
SirTahngarth said:
I sense hypocracy here.... And notice how quickly he backs down from his rating of another old map when approaced about it.
Oh, come off it. Like none of us have ever changed our minds about scores over the years... like our own personal standards haven't changed!

I gave some maps high marks 4 years ago that were just wrong. Does that make me a hypocrite?

This map should have been a 6 then and a 6 now. 4? Eh, it's a few points low, but could you people please end the witchhunt? At least he didn't give it an 8 or 9.

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
SirTahngarth said:
I sense hypocracy here.... And notice how quickly he backs down from his rating of another old map when approaced about it.
Hypocrisy? The two circumstances are hardly comparable. One is a very detailed look at a map, involving lots of playtesting and examination in the editor, and the other is an offhand remark made about a map I played years ago.

SeeD_already_in_use

Dizzay in teh w00ds
May 29, 2002
Close to The Edge
He'd be a hipocrite if he changed the score because of this crap.
The review is okay. I found the map very boring.

There are old games I'd give a 9 anytime today. I won't quote the reasons why because that's another long long story that would implicate a lot of writing and I'm outta time to do so.
I guess Maps are much of art as anything else. Think of music. Just because it's old it doesn't mean it's crap or musically inferior - most of the times it's the other way around. -_-