UT 2k3/2k4 RainbowSix mute would like some testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
I find that the rocket pods don't fire very quickly and that the missiles dont do enough damage. other than that really good.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
M4 model is done (basically m16a4 w/ shorter barrel & collapsible stock & aimpoint sight), no suppressor yet. I have currently assigned the 'AR_A_shot' sound to it for firing, from either the TDAXsounds.uax and yarmSounds.uax sound files, but I'm open to suggestions. Other changes/fixes:
- added player "leaning" gear rustle movement sounds
- fixed a bug with karma ragdolls that caused them to not be affected by the hit momentum when getting shot or blown up (they look much much better now)
- tweaked the code so that you can't use your weapons while climbing ladders
- added a more "soldier like" player model
- reworked several weapon select and melee animations
- reworked the Fiero SMG model to add the AimPoint to it. It not sort of resembles a UMP.
- further refinement to the parkour code (though it still not quite ready for the big time).

I will try to release something by Sunday evening.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Yummy, nice list of new features and refinements, quite a changelog! Hey Meow, haven´t Chuckus given you some realistic weapon sounds packs (a M16 included)??? The UT shooting sounds is one of the turn offs of YARM so far... hope you replace them in a near future!

Can we have a screenie of the new solidier-boy model? ;D (and you should camo skin the M4A1, just for the SOPMOD kicks lol)

edit: by the way, which is the code to spawn the YARM armor and more ammo, so I can get more "hardened" for OMS maps? thanks!

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Hi Corporal_Lib[BR]: I don't think I ever got the sound pack from Chuckus. For the M4 skin right now its going to be the same as the M16 except that the fore grip will be either Olive Drab/Green or 'Coyote' brown.

The summon commands for the armor and ammunition are:
summon yarm.armorvest (or summon yarm.armorvest_heavy)
summon yarm.AmmoPickup_DBMultiAmmo (this ammo will add ammo to all of the weapons you are carrying)

Screenshots of the player model to follow shortly. [EDIT] screenshots posted
<->

Also, I've made some progress on the Single Player/Coop enemy AI. The 'monsters' (skaarj, Krall, Brutes, pupae) behave like the ones in Unreal, and the 'human' enemies work just like in Turok; they throw hand grenades, shoot their weapons, and brutally melee attack you if you get too close. I have a simple mutator that randomly adds them to games while playing (kind of like the zombie mutator in yarm).

I will hopefully get the interim version up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Groovy news, I´ve been waiting for this SP/COOP part of yarm for years (since page 5 of this topic to be exact lol) and I´m waiting anxiously!
Thanks for the codes, I´ve made some loadouts.txt for OMS monster ownage, and the kevlars and ammo helped me a lotta! ;D

About the M4A1, the model looks nice (hope for a camo´ed version next time, and a lil more pimped with M203 and a flashlight) but the aimpoint has too much "tunnel vision" probably due to FOV settings, is there a way to change the FOV to a lesser angle so the tube looks more flattened, juts like this:
pr075release_sightsm68.jpg

img_2174.jpg

aimpoint_view1.jpg

Ohaaaaaa, a MP5 with aimpoint and front grip? sweeet!
thanks and keep up the great work, maaaaan!

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
I tried messing with the DisplayFOV a bit for the model. I might be able to get it to work, but no promises (I'd already modified the model itself to try to limit the effect).

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Ok new version 129 uploaded see first post for link. M4 carbine with Aimpoint included, movement sounds, new melee animations for some weapons, a few bug fixes etc.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Groovy, dling right now! feedback later ;D

So... new gear sounds are OK, a neat detail, but they could be a little more random and different (a longer and more messier sound for prone, as its a longer and more complex movement, shorter for leaning and kneeling), I liked the new melee anims, it seems you try to smash your oponent with the m14 as a baseball bat lol nice change... now the M4: good firing sound, the bege heat shield and handle are neat but the tunneled aimpoint is really a turn off, as it restricts too much the view, and the red dot is to big (in fact all red dots in YARM are too big, they could be tinier or at least half pr 1/3 of the present radius, sorry for not pointing it out earlier) so its kinda hard to aim with it, it would be better if it was a flatened tube as the pics above...
the new fiero SMG is nice, just suffers from the aimpoint issue, but it looks quite neat with the red dot right above the front sight, nice touch, meow!

The yarm mod is building up quite good, really hope for some vicious SP/COOP in the next release (by the way, have you tried the OMS maps online for a possible COOP usage?) cheers

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Thanks for the Feedback. I'll fix the Aimpoint in the next release, but it may not be pretty (the DisplayFOV can be changed, but because of the smooth transition to aiming it might won't look too nice since the weapon offset will get all screwy). I will probably change the model to bring the 'lens' closer and since the back faces of the other polys on the Aimpoint won't show it may work out ok. I will also reduce the size of the red dots (its been about 7 years since I last used a laser optical device) and try to record a longer gear rustle sound.

I have not tried the OSM maps online yet. The only problem with them is that the scale is all set for standard UT2k4 movement speeds, so everything is so wide open when using YARM. If you have any ideas for fun coop level ideas I'd love to hear them though. Anything I end up doing will probably feel like a copy of Halo, Half-Life 1/2, or Turok: DH since those levels are more the style I'm going for. I'm hoping to have just about all environments (coast, forest, jungle, arid/snowy mountains, cliffsides) and the usual manmade areas (small section of city/town, hydroelectric dam, port, trainyard, canals, highway, some farm areas).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Great, with these fixes, it´ll be ubber! ;D I wonder why Kyle didn´t showed up with his extensive review on this latest installment lol

´Bout the OSM maps, except for Use of Weapons, they´re mostly confined to large indoors settings, but the spawn code for the jeep could be useful on those gargantual maps =)

What´s wrong with Turok-half-life-halo themed sp/coop maps? They could be fun... if you put enough objectives to balance with pure NPC ownage, they´ll be a blast, certainly! =D

If you want some suggestions, I´d advise to put some puzzles (a la HL2) and sneaking objectives (but not restrictive like some R6 stealth missions where if you got spoted, game was over... just suggest a stealthy approach lol) and unusual missions (like photograph and recon a military and alien facility, hijack a ammo train, sabotage a chopper, etc) and as a plot, we (players) where aggressively investigating (j bauer style) some shadowy organizations (stealth missions), when we stumble on files depicting a conspiracy for an Alien invasion to Earth, aided by those bad guys, for a piece of the whole conquered planet ... all seems lost, but we discover that a kidnapped scientist had created a virus which could decimate those aliens (thus, he was kept as bargain chip by the conspirators) so we have a rescue mission and them, with a captured skaarj vessel, penetrate (stealth again) their mothership and spread the lov..errr.I mean, the germs... just my 2 bucks 8D

fty

Feb 1, 2010
meowcat
Thanks for your attention!
I mean "added a more "soldier like" player model".
Downloading new version.
And why you have link of old version in your profile?

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Corporal_Lib [BR];2418681 said:
Groovy news, I´ve been waiting for this SP/COOP part of yarm for years (since page 5 of this topic to be exact lol) and I´m waiting anxiously!
Thanks for the codes, I´ve made some loadouts.txt for OMS monster ownage, and the kevlars and ammo helped me a lotta! ;D

About the M4A1, the model looks nice (hope for a camo´ed version next time, and a lil more pimped with M203 and a flashlight) but the aimpoint has too much "tunnel vision" probably due to FOV settings, is there a way to change the FOV to a lesser angle so the tube looks more flattened, juts like this:

img_2174.jpg

aimpoint_view1.jpg

what game is that?

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Turd: Its a realism mod (really..quite realistic) for BF2, called Project reality, it has already won some MOTY awards from moddb.com (just google it, you won´t regret, the latest version comes with integrated SP maps, and all weapons have 3D ironsights, not shaders like this pic)

Meow: hope you liked my suggestions, lol

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Hey Folks,

I've been SWAMPED with a ton of real life issues. Almost all of them work related. I'm lucky to see my kids for 45 min. a day, so... :(

I'm downloading tonight, will try to install and play sometime this weekend.

Screenshots look solid.

Good night!
Kyle
Mar. 12, 2010

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Meow! How´s the work with the SP maps and the corrections on the M4A1? We´re anxious bitches down here, lol... thou Kyle haven´t posted his impressions on the last release ;)

Put some screenies whenever possible... so, the opfor in those SP/COOOP maps will be a mix of skaarj/aliens and merc soldiers? or could have some cyborgs too (so you can use the default UT2k4 android pawns) ;)

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Corporal_Lib [BR];2418681 said:

img_2174.jpg

aimpoint_view1.jpg

Corporal_Lib

they've released a new .9v
http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-reality

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR];2420481 said:
Turd: (just google it, you won´t regret, the latest version comes with integrated SP maps, and all weapons have 3D ironsights, not shaders like this pic)

I know, Turd, I have told you this posts ago lol (love to play as IDF, but I can´t beat the taliban as canadian force, those technical keep hammering my poor IA troops)

Meow, put some screenies of the latest developments, si vous plait! ;D

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Hi Corporal_Lib[BR], Not too much to show at the moment I'm afraid. I've been working on a few environmental static meshes (my own versions of the various rocks/boulder and rock formations included in UT3) so that I can build some nice outdoor coastline/mountain/cliff levels.

On the coding side, I've got most of the new SP/COOP specific weapons coded: flamethrower, new missile launcher (dumb, seeking, and guided fire modes), "magnum" pistol (will have wall penetration), pulse rifle (like the Turok Dinosaur Hunter pulse rifle), and a few others. Most of the humanoid enemies will be armed with these weapons. Human players/Bot allies will be able to select from these and all of the other YARM weapons (when load outs can be selected in certain levels). Four other weapons that I will be including are a Compound Bow, Assault Rifle (it will be like a "precursor" to the UT2k4 assault rifle, only with single shot UGL, and maybe some special bullet ricochet feature), Battle Rifle (with integrated heartbeat sensor/radar display, and wall penetration), and a semi auto big-bore sniper rifle (similar features to Halo's SR, except with Thermal view). Models for these are only partially completed, I'm using other existing models right now for testing purposes.

Enemies will be a mix of conventional human forces (though I'm not quite sure how to fit them into the story yet), droids/UAVs (combination of manhacks from HL2 and the flying drones from MGS2), my raptors, and the various Unreal Monsters (not all, but some). I may include the cyborgs, but I'll need to make some new skins first.

[EDIT] Well, I have the enemy AI code at a "good enough" point, time to work on some levels. Do any of you have any particular coop play environments you want to see first? (eg: coastline, skyscraper, desert, forest etc.)

Last edited: