"I don't care if it's impossible. I just want it done!"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Ladies and gentlemen, I now understand what it's like to work in customer service. I'll start at (of all places) the beginning...

I got to work at 2:00 PM this afternoon (I work in a grocery store), punched in, logged on to my register and started taking customers. After about 20 minutes, this big, fat sasquatch of a woman comes through my line with an EBT card (read: foodstamps). I scan all her merchandise into the computer and give her the total, which was $11.08. She tells me that she wants $15 cash back, to which I say that we can't give cash back with foodstamps. We can only give her cash back if she uses EBT Cash (an EBT card is the equivalent of foodstamps and a debit card combined). So, she tells me that she'll use cash. She swipes the card, enters her PIN number, and I key in the total + $15. The machine declines the card, so I enquire and it prints out her account balance: $17.00. I tell her that she can't get $15 cash back because she only has $17 in her account. She gives me a blank look. I tell her that the most she can get back is $5.92 ($17.00 - $11.08 = $5.92). She gives me a blank look. I ask her if she'd like to get $5.92 instead? She gives me a blank look... and then says "No. I wanted $15!". I say "Ma'am, it's impossible for me to give you $15. You only have $17 in your account." The retard then proceeds to say "Alright then. Give me $17 back." Once again, I tell her that it's impossible because she still has to pay the $11.08, which leaves her with only $5.92 in her account. So she says "I have $300 in foodstamps. Take the $11.08 off of that and then give me the $17." I tell her "I'm sorry, ma'am. If I take the $11.08 off in foodstamps, that'll be it. The transaction will be over. I won't be able to get into your cash account to take out the $17." We go back and forth like this for 5 f*cking minutes before she finally pushes her card in my face and says "Look. I don't care what you have to do with your computers there. Just do it and give me my $17." What do I look like, a f*cking ATM?

I ended up just taking off $11.07 in foodstamps and then paying for the remaining $0.01 with the $17.00 in EBT Cash, giving her $16.99 in change (she wasn't very happy about getting $0.99 in change either). Nothing is more frustrating than trying to tell a person why it's impossible to do what they want you to do when they have absolutely no clue what it takes to fufill their request and don't particularly care either, especially when they have the combined IQ of a mollusk and a leather boot. I swear, I have to deal with every backwards-ass f*ck on the planet... :mad:

-Keiichi

Last edited:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I had a very long rant going on the topic, but the power went out in my house just long enough to reset the computer.
Here is the rundown, 'cause im not going to type it again.
Yes, customers/people treat anyone who is supposed to "serve" them like sh!t.
I had several colorfull ancedodes...
I usually go on deliveries at my job, to help out; here is what I observed;
Truck drivers have an impossible time on the road. The D.C. area is hell for anything longer than a minivan. EVERYONE cuts you off.
People sit and watch you unload, offer no help.
Contractors want the material somewhere completely unrealistic, like up 3 flights of stairs or something.
Customers always cancel orders when we are 2 minutes from the delivery site, or harrass us with questions only the salesman back at the workplace would have an answer to.
I had colorful examples/explanations for each, but oh well.