UE3 - UT3 Kismet SequenceAction + Getting the right Pawn?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

captaindee

Jun 13, 2008
Hi all,

I'm trying to script our mod such that we display an icon (a SpriteComponent, to be seen by all players) over the head of the player when they activate a trigger. Below is the code I've hooked into Kismet.

The commented out code (two lines) is Attempt #1. The other code is Attempt #2. In Attempt #1, the pawn is always the server's pawn, even if the client avatar activates the trigger. In Attempt #2, the pawn is always the client's pawn. Log messages on both client and server confirm this.

What I need is the pawn of the person who is doing the activation. I'm very confused. Any idea why this isn't working, or what I should be doing?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

- Captain Dee -

class SeqAct_ShowTaskIcon extends SequenceAction;

var() Object PawnInput;
var() Object TaskInput; // Not being used right now

simulated event Activated()
{
// local DMI_Pawn pawn;

// pawn = DMI_Pawn(Controller(PawnInput).Pawn);

local SeqVar_Object ObjVar;
local DMI_Pawn P;

foreach LinkedVariables(class'SeqVar_Object', ObjVar, "Pawn")
{
P = DMI_Pawn(ObjVar.GetObjectValue());
if (P != None)
{
`log("*** SHOW ICON ***");
`log("*** KISMET PAWN INFO: " @ P);
P.ShowIcon(0);
}
}
}

defaultproperties
{
ObjName="Show Task Icon"
ObjCategory="Paranoia"

InputLinks(0)=(LinkDesc="In")

OutputLinks(0)=(LinkDesc="Out")

VariableLinks.Empty
VariableLinks(0)=(ExpectedType=class'SeqVar_Object',LinkDesc="Pawn",PropertyName=PawnInput)
VariableLinks(1)=(ExpectedType=class'SeqVar_ParanoiaTask',LinkDesc="Task",PropertyName=TaskInput)
}