GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Wow, it's insane how much GTA4 has affected the Metal Gear Online beta. Looks like 2/3 of the usual player count just vanished.

More salt in the wound. (Edit: and Cpt. Toilet, Iron Archer and ZenPirate are just rubbing it in)

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Wow, it's insane how much GTA4 has affected the Metal Gear Online beta. Looks like 2/3 of the usual player count just vanished.

More salt in the wound. (Edit: and Cpt. Toilet, Iron Archer and ZenPirate are just rubbing it in)

:(

For the record: I just played for pretty much 9 hours straight. I didn't get any freezes, glitches or any other issues whatsoever. The game ran flawlessly. :p

No crashes here either, but I did run into a 3 second freeze when watching one of the television shows. Not a big deal though its happened once or twice in roughly 5 hours of playing

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
There is a website in game that shows you the locations of all pigeons, as well as health/armor/weapon/stunt location/weird people to meet

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Seriously though, what's up with the handling in this game, any tips? And not just, "use the breaks," cause that crap doesn't work. :p

Don't break and turn at the same time. Break first, then turn. It took me a while to get the hang of the more 'realistic' vehicle handling, but the more you drive the faster you learn. :)

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I wouldn't really call ice skating realistic but yeah, I'll get used to it eventually. ><

There is a website in game that shows you the locations of all pigeons, as well as health/armor/weapon/stunt location/weird people to meet

Wow, isn't that kind of cheap, what were they thinking? :\

I think something is wrong with me. i mean, i should be liking this game a lot... but I keep wanting to go play some more Mario kart Wii :(

Don't worry I feel the same way, but it's not the game, it's cause I'm never able to get into console games these days, I'd rather just go sit at the comp. :lol:

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I think something is wrong with me. i mean, i should be liking this game a lot... but I keep wanting to go play some more Mario kart Wii :(

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
About the vehicle handling:

If it's like GTA SA, then the handling will get better as you get more driving experience.

My first impressions of the game:

• It's dark, even in daylight it seems too dark. (Yes, I've adjust the brightness).
  • Running it at 1080, the cellphone menus are nearly unreadable, and the text messages are unreadable. (46" HDTV)
  • Traffic!
  • I miss the old HUD.
  • I miss the wide open spaces of GTA SA.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Stay Alpha man! STAY ALPHA!

Funniest bit thusfar is driving next to some dude who's carrying a cup, which I knock out of his hand by driving a tad too close and the guy screaming 'my latte!' :lol: