*NTKB falls on his knees and PLEADS to yurch!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Yurch *sobs horrendously* please Yurch come out of hiding. We are waiting for you o savior. You must code critical hits and the new nade effects into RAv2 and leave everything else the same PLEASE I IMPLORE you. You dont know how many ppl would like this. :(

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
This is what happens when you let someone who searches out map and in-game exploits and who pushes the limits of acceptable and honorable play, get ahold of RAv2. While some of its features are good and even great, others severely detract from the intended goals of RAv2 and what mappers had in mind for game play.

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
I stopped playing Infiltration since RA286 was put on the PR server. Now that GD4 is up and running RAv2 I might start to play again occasionally, but we will see.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
Don't insult Duke like that, he's a much more active player than you are and does more useful things than you do. He has mapped some of the greatest maps and provided useful information in the current RAv2 (such as additional zeroing information and ranges information.) Providing a server is a lot but still not as much as we also have AFA2 again that is using RAv2. I don't mind that you people don't like RA286 but I DO mind the unjustified insulting of it's coder. Saying that it killed RAv2 and the whole goal of RA is totally subjective.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
kungpaosamuraiii said:
Don't insult Duke like that, he's a much more active player than you are and does more useful things than you do. He has mapped some of the greatest maps and provided useful information in the current RAv2 (such as additional zeroing information and ranges information.) Providing a server is a lot but still not as much as we also have AFA2 again that is using RAv2. I don't mind that you people don't like RA286 but I DO mind the unjustified insulting of it's coder. Saying that it killed RAv2 and the whole goal of RA is totally subjective.

Agreed on the insulting part. Come on Ghost give duke a break. Nowhere do you sign a clause saying you HAVE to play or want to play realistically. If RA286 is getting any attention its because some features are liked. Hate the game dont hate the player Ghost. I am vocal and opposed to the current state RA286 is in but I still respect Duke.

As for you Kungpao dont attack Ghost in return. Ghost has most of the time more than anyone kept a level head in all matters and he has done alot for the community as well. You cant measure the worth of someone based on achievements like that. Thats like saying a Godly map like Siberia, if that was the only map the mapper ever made is worth less to someone who did 2 or 3 crappy maps, since the second person contributed more. Lets not start a flame war here. I agree the issue should be discussed but lets keep the flames off this thread please. Thanks! :shake:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Angry Ice said:
I say wait for 2.9 and play rav2.

There are some features in RA286 that should and could get implemented into a RAv3 for 2.9. It would be nice if Yurch implemented them now on 2.86 and just transfer it over to a RAv3.

TOAD

One team...one life...one chance
Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
If you want to insult atleast insult the correct guy. Although Duke is the main coder of RA286, most of these controversial features were my ideas. I wanted a zooming feature after playing IL2. I tweaked most of the recoil stuff. I'm also behind the new jumping stuff. Lastly, RA286 was never intended to replace rav2. We just want our own version to have fun with. If you don't like it... sry.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Angry Ice said:
Go ahead NT, Name the features that should be in RaV3

Look you little pen troll with teh fuzzy hair. Untill you remove my name from your sig and commit suicide please refrain from mentioning my name. Thank you. I thought I asked you not to post in my threads and i wont post in yours.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I just worked a 13 hour workshift today and I'm coming home to my newly formatted XP install... I can't find half my stuff and my mouse isn't even moving correctly. Sure, not every day is like this, but I've also got 45 unread beta emails and other crap to take care of as well.
Excuses aside, would you really want me changing RA without the ability to "suprivise" it like I always do? Believe it or not, keeping up with the community is usually more time consuming than actually coding the stuff... and I haven't even seen these features you speak of yet. My priorities are set towards a few other things, and if not messing with RAv2 at this point would get that blasted 2.9 out a week earlier, I would gladly do it. I don't want to be an ass but that's the hard line.

Please describe these "desired features" a bit. It wouldn't be fair to duke to rip his ideas out and implement them firsthanded.

As for variations of RA or other mutators, I obviously have to stick with the policy of allowing anyone to do basically anything. It would be quite hypocritical for me to say otherwise. :D I take chances and rub against the grain sometimes too. (that whole sight thing maybe?)

Is RAv2 really that outdated?