A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's not that bad on Easy. You just need to pass the first part of Transition to where the first rainbows go across. It's only about 75 blocks.

They do like to do these ones that take a ton of time, though, thereby restricting the set of working class Americans that are not totally lazy from getting lots of achievements. The AAAAA one for example is ridiculous. No freaking way I can get that.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
They do like to do these ones that take a ton of time, though, thereby restricting the set of working class Americans that are not totally lazy from getting lots of achievements. The AAAAA one for example is ridiculous. No freaking way I can get that.

Here's a tip: there are checkpoints and you lose 250 points every time you use one. That makes dying an attractive option if you pass up a block worth more than 250... particularly those 2 Grand blocks.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
The AAAAA one for example is ridiculous. No freaking way I can get that.

I started playing AaAaAA!!! yesterday (after buying it in the holiday sale) to see if I can get this one, but I failed miserably time and time again. Now today I had a few minutes to spare so I figured why not, and I got it in my first (and what I thought to be a lackluster) try. Just make sure you get all the plates (if you missed one, kill yourself to go back to the checkpoint like hal said), and you're set. There aren't that many so it's pretty easy to remember where they all are.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
It's not that bad on Easy. You just need to pass the first part of Transition to where the first rainbows go across. It's only about 75 blocks.

That wasn't very hard on Normal either. The Swords & Soldiers achievement doesn't sound very hard either, but according to the Steam forums the challenges aren't limited to the day they're announced. Which is different than the Treasure Hunt challenge.

My hope is that a lot of the promo items are going to be available in a few months as paid DLC. The Magicka map? No way they're keeping that locked down.

If you don't have a ton of time you're probably guaranteed to get about 10 tickets. Like the Treasure Hunt sale they'll probably have a "gimme" every day which is usually some simple community task like making a recommendation or joining a specific group.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I got 6 of 7 last night. The AAAA one was the only one I couldn't get.

In the treasure hunt you could get the achievements after the day they were on as well. I'm sure they will do the same thing.

The Swords and Soldiers one is easy. Just get the lightning bolt and the melee guys and send them along both paths. Use the lightning bolt to kill guys in the tower and just random guys on the ground to help out. I finished it the first time I tried.

In Lead and Gold there are a boatload of people just sitting in servers waiting for someone to help them with the achievement. I made my own server and had four people trying to get it within 2 minutes.

In DoW2: Retribution, just start a Last Stand game. Choose the Lord General and give him the Flamer weapon. Chances are high you'll get the achievement within a couple of minutes.

Toki Tori, I just found a thread on SPUF that had the levels with sunbeams listed. They are all in the first world. It took me about 30 minutes to get them all.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
I got six out of seven tickets yesterday, the hardest one to get was toki tori. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh took a while but i finally got it.

Now i just need valve to release the gold shades in tf2 and for tripwire to release the steam punk skins in killer fools.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
got all the ones I could get : toki tori, AAAAA, bit trip beat and the "get in the group".
I don't have the other games.
Brizz : for AAA, the rules are : grab all the > 250 plates. you loose 250 per death, so when there are the 2 "2 grand" plates next to each other, it's good to suicide and grab the second one right after respawning. took me 20 minutes.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I grabbed the Bit.Trip Beat challenge yesterday (I was pleasantly surprised this wasn't as brutal as I expected so I bought Runner before the daily sale ended), didn't have time for Swords & Soldiers, Toki, or Aaaaa. Probably going to buy SpaceChem today and try the TF2 one.

Not surprised they're pushing the Facebook link up so soon. Does anyone know exactly what this does?

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
He who smells like a turd, also spergs. Toilet.

Killing floor has yet another event going on, so I may just very well hop on that.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
All I've bought so far is Bit.Trip.Runner. Looked fun.

I'm considering two of the Alien Breed games (UE3) and the third can actually be bought with prize tickets.

For those without them, Just Cause 2 is a no-brainer and Braid and DMC4 are excellent if you're a fan of each respective genre.

Also on sale today, but a bit hidden - Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. It's a sort of first person shooter/action/rpg set in the fantasy M&M world. It's $2.50 and it's surprisingly good.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
I'm considering two of the Alien Breed games (UE3) and the third can actually be bought with prize tickets.
I've been tempted to get the trilogy pack, but I remember the demo for the first game being a bit lackluster.