UT2K4 error I can't decipher

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Can anyone tell me what this means?

8UKu9zk.jpg

I use a lot of mutators and I can set up a Deathmatch just fine. I like to set up a deathmatch using Ballistic Arena (every time you die you get a random weapon from a pool you select... I have it drawing from every mod I have) and Invasion Everywhere, a mod that simply spawns monsters in the map to fight and get in your way etc.

The first game goes fine. After that game, I try to start another one, and I get this error 90% of the time. I was hoping someone still knows UT2K4 stuff and can decipher this for me, please and thank you.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
The first thing to do when you are getting any such general error is to delete your .ini files. They get borked so damn easy. If that doesn't work re-install ut2k4 or otherwise replace stock assets... I would especially look to replace deck 17.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Those garbage collection crashes cannot be analyzed from a crash message. Either one of the mods you use is buggy in itself or a combination of an arbitrarily large number of the mods you use will not work in the combination you use them in. It's impossible to tell just from the message and the only way to debug is to exclude individual mods until the crash no longer occurs.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
That's a bit of a drag, but I guess that is the only way to go about it then. Thank you, I'll see what I can find. :)

edit: Actually, I found the cause, it seems, lol. U4E was the problem (.... not surprised since it never was exactly the pinnacle of mods in UT2K4) and had some incomplete test weapon that kept coming up wherein it would simply kill everything onscreen in a redeemer sized radius or something. I removed it because I was tired of the bots getting it and the side effect seems to be that it stopped the crashes as well. \o/

Last edited by a moderator: