Who's sick of me posting about Gran Turismo 3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
IGN finally got their copy of Gran Turismo 3 A-spec in, and they've gone ahead and updated their preview with 90 new screenshots and 20 new movies, including the full Japanese intro cinema in QuickTime format. Since there's way too much new media to post here, I'll simply link to it. However, as incentive, I will leave you with these:

Complete GT3 A-spec intro (27012K)

Replay: Mix of rally views (4716K)
Replay: Citroen Xsara rally car (5022K)
Replay: Corvette C5R racer (4598K)

Only 40 more days...

-Keiichi

Last edited:

hawaiian c

)(åwåiiåñ ç
Jan 10, 2001
nicer

here i fix the links to make it nicer

<--| click pict to play mov

<--| click to play mov

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
oh $diety i cannot wait for this game.

/me remembers the hours upon hours he poured into GT2...

maybe it's just because the release date is so much closer, but i am without a doubt anticipating this more than any other game, even MGS2.

argh! i can't take it!

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Whoops...Drool on the keyboard.

I don't have a PS2 yet, but this game is my trigger for buying one. It looks perfect!

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
Deathren, again, you just had to piss on the carpet...

*WHACK*

When will you finally get through obediance school and stop being a n00b?

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
That's it!

I'm selling my DC and buying a PS2 this summer. When does GT3 come out? Sorry I don't know much on the game, but I've played GT just a bit too much.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Gran Turiosmo 3 A-spec is already out in Japan, and it's North American/UK release date is set for June 11th.

-Keiichi

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
COOL!!

I just saw the ad for GT3. There was this Lancer doing a jump on a dirt(rally?) track in slow motion, and all of a sudden, this girl comes running after it and catches up, opens the door, and gets in while the car is still in the air in slow motion!! That was a really cool effect!!! I must try to get that on a tape, so that I can show it to you guys in avi!! It's a Japanese ad BTW:)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
hmm looks like there are some GT/GT2 fans out there. I've got a small question to those:

Have you managed to get the lincence test in GT2 all on Gold? I did this for GT because I was bored and waited for GT2. Now I only tried it for the IC license(because I read somewhere you get a CRX DelSol LM for that..) and I'm stuck at the 7th or 8th test(the one with the slalom and S2000). Any tips/hints, hell even cheats?

Apart from that:
Did you like the original GT better than GT2?
I personally prefer GT because GT2 has some very annoying bugs(best time for the tracks doesn't save) plus some changes in cars(hell, why did they reduce my Impreza Rally Edition from 575 to 404 hp??? Who the hell needs the Drag versions and what is the Suzuki monster rally car good for??? Who needs those 60hp cars???...)

I'm loking forward to GT3 though - as soon as it's out I've got a PS2, no matter how much it costs. Heard they took out the license tests - partly sad about that, though GT2 had too many..

Just hope they achieve to make GT with GT2 number of cars and better graphics/driving physics.

Snakeye :D

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I'm loking forward to GT3 though - as soon as it's out I've got a PS2, no matter how much it costs. Heard they took out the license tests - partly sad about that, though GT2 had too many..

Just hope they achieve to make GT with GT2 number of cars and better graphics/driving physics.

Sorry. Whoever told you that the license tests were removed in GT3 was lying. They're still present and accounted for. In fact, I've heard from numerous reviewers that the tests are actually much harder now. Also, the number of cars available in GT3 is set at 165. That's more than there were in the original Gran Turismo, but far less than the 500+ that GT2 had. The reason for this was because they simply didn't have the time to add more cars. In GT/2, the typical car model took no more than a day to finish, the reason being that they were only about 500 polygons each. In GT3, the average car model is composed of around 3,000 to 4,000 polygons and can take up to a week to complete. They could have added more cars, but that would've meant delaying the release date yet again; a move which probably wouldn't have been received so well by the GT community.

-Keiichi

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
165? Sounds good to me. I've played GT1 longer than GT2, so car numbers is not my main motivation(just hope they leave the right cars in..)

Do you know how many license tests there are(more like 3 in GT1 or too many like in GT2)? Glad they left them in - it just wouldn't be GT without having to throw the controller a few times before starting your first real race.

About my license test question: did anyone of you get all GT2 license tests in gold???

Snakeye :D