Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
For added fun some games won't let more than 1 connection from the same IP occur, even if it's a different key

[Edit] Oh yea, don't forget guys, even retail copies of BF3 will require Origin
One guy I know has even stated that Origin demanded a reinstall after he defragged his HD

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
How does one stop a mega-sized publisher from being total dicks to a good third of their customer base? You got me there. I really don't know.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Looks fuuuunnnn...

I just hope jets and helis aren't extremely exploitable and exploited like in BF2.

Maybe kills in them shouldn't go to your killcount but instead your team score.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
No MG3... I WONDER... WO IST MEIN MASCHINENGEWEHR

But I can still run around with my PP2000 out. (Nyuk nyuk nyuk)

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Looks fuuuunnnn...

I just hope jets and helis aren't extremely exploitable and exploited like in BF2.

Maybe kills in them shouldn't go to your killcount but instead your team score.

There's a whole lot of mobile AA available, I don't think they'll pose too much of a threat if the game sees some good balancing tweaks during the Beta.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Why am I not surprised the Gustav is off the list of RLs?

No MG3... I WONDER... WO IST MEIN MASCHINENGEWEHR

But I can still run around with my PP2000 out. (Nyuk nyuk nyuk)

Ugh, this reminds me, I wish they would go with asymmetric warfare instead of all this counterstrike spec ops call of duty custom weapon bullshit. You're not playing a Seal Team 6 guy, you're playing a front line soldier.

That is one of the things that made Project Reality even more fun than other games, and I believe DICE was taking pointers from them.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
[screenshot]http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/Screenshots/AIR%20SUPERIORITY.jpg?cb=1313524802[/screenshot]

So pretty :eek:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
That trailer was pretty badass but, is this really necessary:
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/4bPf8.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
I mean, it'll be interesting to blind people on your six with it but that's just going to be annoying as hell any time somebody is above you and in front of the sun. If you can't turn that off with settings or tweak, that's the first mod I'm looking forward to.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I mean, it'll be interesting to blind people on your six with it but that's just going to be annoying as hell any time somebody is above you and in front of the sun. If you can't turn that off with settings or tweak, that's the first mod I'm looking forward to.

Mod? :con:

You plan to play this single player or what? BF is primarily online game.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
I guess lens flares are toggle-able. One thing I noticed is that there was another shot where the jet looked into the sun, however the lens flare was much quicker, seemed less intense too, making me think the other bit was edited, without playing I can't say for sure of course.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I guess lens flares are toggle-able. One thing I noticed is that there was another shot where the jet looked into the sun, however the lens flare was much quicker, seemed less intense too, making me think the other bit was edited, without playing I can't say for sure of course.

Okay, first of all that's not a lens flare. :lol:

Second, it didn't act differently in any other shots.

Third, it only gets extremely intense like that when they're looking straight at it. Looks perfectly fine and realistic to me, I have no problem with it and it would be cool and fair if there was no way to disable it.

Fourth, there probably is a way to disable it because games normally offer ways to disable bloom and HDR so they can have lower minimum specs for the game. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this is one of the dumbest things to complain about, so lets move on. ;)

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Mod? :con:

You plan to play this single player or what? BF is primarily online game.
Yes, a mod. Mods aren't always server-side, that's why games that can be modded have "pure" parameters for connecting clients or the equivalent. I have no idea if BF3 is one of these games though.

Goofy

Pluto's my bitch...
Jan 23, 2008
Smallest state in the Union
Yes, a mod. Mods aren't always server-side, that's why games that can be modded have "pure" parameters for connecting clients or the equivalent. I have no idea if BF3 is one of these games though.

On ranked servers in BF2, mods were not allowed so I would assume this to be the case this time around as well.

On the bright side.....:mwink:......if flying it could come in handy when trying to lose a jet on your tail.

On a similar note, in the alpha one of the items you could get was a flashlight to blind and disorient someone trying to shoot at you. (I think it scatters your bullets more.) Although I didn't rank far enough to get it, I saw plenty of people who did and it was pretty effective.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Dude, that's how Zeroes in WWII would win dog fights. Come flying at such an angle that the sun is in the eyes of their opponent, thus blinding them. I think that's also why pilots have such dark shades on their helmets.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

Well it isn't one of those games, as they've said there's no mod support. Not even for full conversion mods like PR. :( Plus, I don't know of any multiplayer fps games that allow client side graphics mods except for MW2.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8315/iw4mp2010030414460213.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

:con:

So, moving on, I didn't know they were adding a EOD robot. What's the use? :con: I hope it's not like the MW2 RC car. :rant:

Last edited: