"My ___"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Well it's difficult to put a completely different language into English phonetics anyway :p. And the German 'z' is pronounced something like 'ts', so that was about as close as I could get.

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
Among Mac-users, it's been a loooooooong tradition to exchange naming schemes or ideas for computers. For example, my iMac is called Vitoland, because everyone used to call me Vito back when it was my main computer. Now I've started calling my Macs Ancient greek Gods' names. My PowerBook is "Persephone", for example (goddess of spring and blooming).

It adds a lot to the friendliness of the machine :) I wonder why Windows still won't let you name devices other than "C:" or "Z:" sort of names.

Kaligraphic

Charles leChaud is my hero
Oct 22, 2002
Everywhere.
www.google.com
It lets you use volume labels. With NTFS it tries to emulate the flexibility you got from UNIX's flexible mounting decades ago. And Namu, you know that uname bit is so sekseh. ;)

(and I name my machines in gaelic - for instance, my laptop is 'seamus', I have an old box running debian named 'uilliam', and I'm going to set up another box running redhat or freebsd and call it 'Eoghan' if it's freebsd or 'Eamon' if it's redhat.)

Last edited: